The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 Leg stuck, left food

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Lettsy1 Posted - 14/04/2010 : 08:11:50
sheba was eating last night and took the mouse (refused the rat and would rather her eat somethin at min) as she took it head first and started to swallow it, the front leg stuck out the side of her mouth, she then couldnt get it any further and couldnt seem to break the leg back, so she coiled round it and pulled it out and left it. when is the best time for me to offer her food again, am i best to leave it for 5 days or offer again today, can see she is hungry but wary. worried it might have put her off.
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
karl Posted - 19/04/2010 : 15:38:57
I have a carpet python that needs the legs breaking to eat. He is so damn fussy that if ANYTHING impedes his eating he just refuses it. Best trick is to cut them off with a pair of snips while still frozen (less mess).

That or dislocate the legs so they fall back easier.
spor Posted - 17/04/2010 : 20:05:41
well done sounding good. and yeah your right not worry about 3g it reall is nothing at all.
Lettsy1 Posted - 17/04/2010 : 19:31:46
just a quick update, weighed sheba tonight before feeding, she comes in at 284g so slight weight loss (3g), but she hasnt eaten for 3 weeks and has had a shed, so happy with her at the min, took her out of the viv and put her in her feeding rub, cos want to get her outta the habit of feeding in viv (they did that at the shop) she struck 3 times and constricted, took large mouse with no hesitation, sooooo pleased cos worried the prob she had earlier in the week had put her off. No probs!!! yippee!!!!
lee2308 Posted - 14/04/2010 : 12:19:48
try dislocating the legs next time
Blackecho Posted - 14/04/2010 : 08:59:50
I'd leave 5 days, she'll be fine, don't worry

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000