The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 New heating radiator

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
mischang Posted - 03/05/2010 : 21:44:41
does any one on here use the reptile rads ? as i am converting a 5ft double viv into 4 smaller one 2 1/2ft each should i use the normal infrared bulb and cermaric heater for each one i will be using double stats on them and seperate guards as the will be oppiste ends of viv or if i can get some one who uses them or has veiws to inlighten me i would like to use a reptile rad into each viv stated of course ye i know they are slightly more but compared to cost of 4 new stats 4 cermaics, 4 infareds , i could get away with 2 double ones and the rads i think each 1 will have its own thermometer .
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
mischang Posted - 07/05/2010 : 21:56:11
ooooooooohhh i cant deside now been builting my new vivs to night in fact i sawed my hand owoowowowowwwww will do photos 2 moz and during the chaos lol
Gingerpony Posted - 07/05/2010 : 14:06:49
quote:
Originally posted by mischang

G/P how do you manage with the humidty ? do you find it a prob also ? also on the one reveiw it states you dont need a guard as the reptile cant lean against them but due to the temp i need i think its better to be safe as when they explore i would of thought they would still burn on them ?? finally do you find compared to the equipment cost or bulbs ect.. it works out the same ,more or less ??? soz 4 so many questions xx

TBH i don't even measure humidity with ambient room humidity being required for my boas but i've not had any health or shedding issues that would indicate a problem

i WOULD definitely use a guard, they can get VERY hot and your snake WILL be able to get into direct contact with it otherwise... Dave/Reptiles-ink made my guard and its great

i'm not sure how it works out cost-wise compared to ceramics..... either way you need to buy a guard and a pulse or dimmer stat, the Rep Rad is only 75w compared to ceramics which would need to be a much higher wattage to be able to heat a larger viv, so would probably end up costing more in the longer term, especially as ceramics will need replacing more frequently.

hope this helps, feel free to ask any more Qs
hodgie Posted - 05/05/2010 : 22:22:41
quote:
Originally posted by mischang

i wont use top one twice i have used them off ebay and both times things turned up broken or weeks later but good price will have a look for stats in a bit cheers

Sorry to hear that, i`ve had 3 rep rads off them and they were all fine.
mischang Posted - 05/05/2010 : 18:58:30
i wont use top one twice i have used them off ebay and both times things turned up broken or weeks later but good price will have a look for stats in a bit cheers
hodgie Posted - 05/05/2010 : 18:36:31
You can get them here for £52 http://www.cornishcrispa.co.uk/herp-equipment.html?cat=137&p=4.
Stat from here http://www.ekmpowershop7.com/ekmps/shops/exotics/temperature-control-241-c.asp
I`ve used both and they are both fairly prompt with delivery.
mischang Posted - 05/05/2010 : 14:58:42
G/P how do you manage with the humidty ? do you find it a prob also ? also on the one reveiw it states you dont need a guard as the reptile cant lean against them but due to the temp i need i think its better to be safe as when they explore i would of thought they would still burn on them ?? finally do you find compared to the equipment cost or bulbs ect.. it works out the same ,more or less ??? soz 4 so many questions xx
Gingerpony Posted - 05/05/2010 : 14:21:31
yes i use Rep Rads and i like them

with the particularly cold winter we've had mine struggled to heat a 4'x2'x2' viv to the temperatures required for my bigger boa put people get round that by running 2 rep rads in larger enclosures. despite having now changed over to a 250w AHS i'd still recommend the Rep Rad for 'medium' sized enclosures
mischang Posted - 04/05/2010 : 21:10:43
thanks for that all my snakes now have damp hides and are shedding great now with them , i been reading up on them and i think i will get 1 and see how that set up works before buying the other 3 vivs , i found a site where they are £65 and £20 for cage plus also £35 stat do you think thats ok as i think compared to on going cost of bulbs and fitting ceramic and infared its worth it ! will do fotos of b4 , during and after .
hodgie Posted - 04/05/2010 : 19:31:04
I use them, they are spot on temp wise however i find it hard getting the humidity right in smaller vivs which makes it hard for the snakes to shed properly.
Excellent bit of kit though, worth the expense in my view. They need a pulse proportional thermostat.
Blackecho Posted - 03/05/2010 : 23:19:19
I think Gingerpony uses them.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000