The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 food sizes

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
reptiledanny Posted - 02/06/2010 : 11:59:30
what are the food sizes and names for royals.
like for corns its pinkies, fuzzies, small mice, medium mice and then if your corn is big large mice.
what is it for royals?
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
spor Posted - 02/06/2010 : 17:31:22
most royals will be started on mice. i think the main reason for that is its cheaper. and shops and commercial breeders want to keep there costs down. A lot of royals will switch over to rats with no problems at all. and if they are very young then even better as they will not really have gained a huge taste for mice. i have converted 3 of mine to rats with no real bother but 2 that just won't go for rats at all. ( but saying that the same to aren't eating anything at the minute LOL). sizes as BE said would be the common names. some suppliers would maybe not keep "rat pups" but start with fluff size and call them pups and some even have fuzzies and fluffs the other way round in size.
reptiledanny Posted - 02/06/2010 : 16:23:31
quote:
Originally posted by Blackecho

A hatchling Royal is capable of taking a small mouse or rat pup, but why start on mice and then worry about whether you can get them switched over etc?

As MC says, some shops lable their stock oddly, but I think that is the most common size order.

do royals prefer mice then so find it hard to switch over to rats. i will keep that in mind when i buy one then. if they are started onmice i might reconsider as i don't really want a problem with that.
Blackecho Posted - 02/06/2010 : 14:37:29
A hatchling Royal is capable of taking a small mouse or rat pup, but why start on mice and then worry about whether you can get them switched over etc?

As MC says, some shops lable their stock oddly, but I think that is the most common size order.
reptiledanny Posted - 02/06/2010 : 13:42:03
quote:

Rat Pups, Rat Fuzzies, Rat Fluffs, Rat Weaners, Rats

so it s best to start with rats? i have read that sometimes they start with mice, watever size it is.
MissCat Posted - 02/06/2010 : 13:24:42
quote:

although it seems to me that different shops apply these names to different sizes :/
Blackecho Posted - 02/06/2010 : 12:46:23

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000