The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 Sleepy snake

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Dogstar Posted - 12/06/2010 : 00:26:04
I've read plenty on here, and I'm probably being impatient, but...
I've had my royal since the monday before last and he was really active, he hadn't been fed for a while from the previous owner, I waited till the thursday and had no probs - I think he was hungry!

Since then he has SLEPT! I know it takes a while to digest their food, but its been a week now. He started to come out of his tank the other night but I think I made him jump and he curled back up.

I know it takes a while for them to settle in, but as he's an adult (5yrs) and was previously quite active should I be worried?

Would you advise against lifting his hide? Should I just be patient and wait for him to shake off the sleeps on his own?

Cheers
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Dogstar Posted - 13/06/2010 : 10:16:38
thanks both.
spor Posted - 13/06/2010 : 01:40:34
his previuos activity would have been him getting settled and having a wonder he will hide away most of the time and that is normal as BE said leave him a bit longer to get really settled he will start to come out more in the evenings
Blackecho Posted - 12/06/2010 : 08:18:28
No you shouldn't be worried, give him another week of peace and quiet to settle.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000