The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 things to look at?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
reptiledanny Posted - 13/06/2010 : 16:46:42
rite, i am going donny next week as many of you may now and getting a royal. what are things to look at to make sure it is a healthy snake to make sure the snake is not got any disieases. things like eyes, how it moves, i will ask to handle it so anything that i should look at even the simple things to the most extreme i would like to now. thanks
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
reptiledanny Posted - 14/06/2010 : 17:03:54
my little brother is getting a leopard gceko and i am already trying to persuade him to get a royal as i want a mojave and a normal but cannot decide between either, i think i might just ask to get them both if the price is right
mischang Posted - 13/06/2010 : 21:34:39
quote:
Originally posted by reptiledanny

quote:
Originally posted by mischang

just remember to take some anti-bac hand wash !! dont be offend if any one says no to handling as alot will only allow if ur very interested , but they only looking out for there stock as imagine if just half wanted to hold every reptile there would be thousands or dirty hands hun x

i om only guna handle the snake if i am interesting in buying it, to see what the temperement is like

good luck but there will far to many u will want to take home more than 1 , i can assure you .
reptiledanny Posted - 13/06/2010 : 20:58:46
quote:
Originally posted by Blackecho

Check general condition of scales (should have a nice gleam), check belly for any burns.

Check for any retained shed (eyes and tail tip).

Check for mites (under belly scales and in nostrils).

Look for any sign of mucus/saliva around mouth (RI).

If you hold the snake half way along from the back it should be able to support its own weight/keep its head up.

Ask for feeding records.

thank BE, i will print this off and check everything, thanks, i just want to make sure i get a good quality royal that is good in health. is that all i need to look for basically
reptiledanny Posted - 13/06/2010 : 20:56:02
quote:
Originally posted by mischang

just remember to take some anti-bac hand wash !! dont be offend if any one says no to handling as alot will only allow if ur very interested , but they only looking out for there stock as imagine if just half wanted to hold every reptile there would be thousands or dirty hands hun x

i om only guna handle the snake if i am interesting in buying it, to see what the temperement is like
Blackecho Posted - 13/06/2010 : 20:23:27
Check general condition of scales (should have a nice gleam), check belly for any burns.

Check for any retained shed (eyes and tail tip).

Check for mites (under belly scales and in nostrils).

Look for any sign of mucus/saliva around mouth (RI).

If you hold the snake half way along from the back it should be able to support its own weight/keep its head up.

Ask for feeding records.
mischang Posted - 13/06/2010 : 19:29:58

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000