The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 cool end temp problem?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
heaton177 Posted - 26/06/2010 : 16:16:23
hello guys and girls

i was cheacking my temps the other day and i noticed when i looked at it it was at 29C in the cool end(always a digi 1 in there)
so i got my spare 1 to double check and i was the same, what should i do and should i worry.

thnx chris
12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
heaton177 Posted - 02/07/2010 : 17:55:23

[/quote]Aye I meant if you extend the viv :-)D[/quote]

oh sorry mate thought u thought i was on about the hot end temp :P

ok spor i will try that and see how it holds mate :) thnx
boze Posted - 30/06/2010 : 02:44:07
quote:
Originally posted by heaton177

the end what is 29C is the cool end and the warm end is at 31C lol its the cool end im worried about.

Aye I meant if you extend the viv :-)

D
spor Posted - 29/06/2010 : 21:35:20
ok so your temps in F are 84.2f to 87.8f. what you would like to have is 80f to 90f. and the basking area can be uo to a max of 95f. you could push your warm end up a couple of degrees and see how the cool end holds to that. i have 2ft vivs with heat lamps and have gradient from 82.8 to 92.
heaton177 Posted - 29/06/2010 : 17:56:01
the end what is 29C is the cool end and the warm end is at 31C lol its the cool end im worried about.
boze Posted - 29/06/2010 : 11:57:33
Dont worry about the cool end being a degree or so cooler than youd prefer, as long as the hot end is right and the cool end isnt too warm youll be fine :-)

D
heaton177 Posted - 28/06/2010 : 19:36:01
i as thinkin about extending it another foot so it will be 3ft, but in the winter the cool end onli jus keeps to temp. in the winter would i need to put a lamp at the cool end?

i need to measure my snake to see how big he is, he is roughly 2 n a half feet - 3 feet
boze Posted - 28/06/2010 : 18:11:24
After having a look at the picture I think the problem is that with a heat lamp you need the viv to be a bit longer to achieve a decent gradient. If you are only using half of the viv then there isnt space to get the heat gradient cool enough at one end. Id switch to a heatmat at this stage or lengthen the viv :-)

D
heaton177 Posted - 28/06/2010 : 17:43:56
both of my probes are in the hides, the thermostat one is jamed under the hide in the hot end to hold it in place and the digi 1 is inside the cool hide.

it is well ventilated, it has a 2" stip vent right along the top of the viv.

my viv is a 4ft viv but i have halved it to 2 ft so 1 door keeps the snake in so i opened the other door up to try n let a bit of air in (couple of mil gap rnd the partition board in their) i also left my door open aswel to keep my room cooler and i checked the temperatures befor and it has dropped by 1c, but it has been a bit cooler today so i dont know if that has anything to do with it.
spor Posted - 27/06/2010 : 23:53:31
29c is about 84F which is around were you would like the ambient temp of your viv to be. how much ventilation is there in your viv. where is the temp probe. try placeing it inside the hide on the cool end to see what it reads in there.
heaton177 Posted - 27/06/2010 : 13:55:02
i do ahve the window open when it hot like ill try the fan tho, and where the viv is the sun doed not go directly on it but my room is a small room and for half of the day it does have the sun on it.

http://img248.imageshack.us/f/img00009201005021826.jpg/

what size do you guys resize your image to when posting it on the forum cause mine goes huge lol

thnx
boze Posted - 26/06/2010 : 18:18:38
Got any pics of your setup? :-)

D
Blackecho Posted - 26/06/2010 : 17:42:26
Not a lot you can do really, make sure its not in direct sunlight, if the room gets hot maybe open a window and close a curtain?

Get a fan on it during the hot times in the day?

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000