The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 New viv

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
evo Posted - 07/07/2010 : 20:16:33
Hi,not been on for a while hope your all ok, just bought a new viv which the pet shop fitted out for me, lamp with dimmer stat and heated floor mat,one question, has the floor mat got a built in thermostat because the bloke at exotic pets advised to turn the lamp off in the evening and leave the mat on all the time is this right ?
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
evo Posted - 08/07/2010 : 20:12:48
thanks for your help guys
spor Posted - 07/07/2010 : 22:19:00
yeah as above. if your change to and infra red heta lamp then you can remove the matt.

and to answer your question about heat mats. no they do not just turn of. they continue to heat and can reach temperature well over 100F if left on un stated. if you did want to use both heat source you would actual need to buy a second stat for the mat. either a pulse proportional stat or a mat stat. you would not be able to use the ssame stst for both as dimming stats or not really design for use with heat mats.
Blackecho Posted - 07/07/2010 : 22:07:34
No, the mat will not automatically turn off.

Personally, I'd replace the white bulb with a red heat bulb and leave it on (statted) 24/7 and get rid of the mat.
evo Posted - 07/07/2010 : 20:50:33
Sorry white bulb
evo Posted - 07/07/2010 : 20:49:39
The viv is 3ft by 15 by 18,a guard as not been fitted thats my first job,i was assuming the floor mat automatically turned off.is this not the case?
Blackecho Posted - 07/07/2010 : 20:33:19
As above, if you have a lamp you shouldn't need a mat. What colour bulb is it? Has it got a guard?

Any photos?
hodgie Posted - 07/07/2010 : 20:29:23
They should both be connected to a stat. How big is the viv? I would find it hard to believe that you really need 2 forms of heating in one viv.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000