The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 snake + radiator = bad

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
heaton177 Posted - 08/07/2010 : 23:04:37
hey guys and girls i have a little story to tell, no harm done to the snake thank god it wasnt on.

heres how it goes.

i came home from my mates and thought ill get my snake out. got him out and held him for a bit and then put him on the bed next to me and decided to ring the missus, she didnt answer so i texted her.
turned to look at my snake and he was dangling down the side of my bed (he normaly does it but this time was different) i tried to pull him up gently but he wouldnt budge, so i pulled my bed out a bit more (my bed is next to the radiator) and as i moved the bed he moved and is head went behind the radiator tried to free him but as you no they want to go somewhere they will go.
i could not free his head so i let him go and he curled round the radiator with the majoity of his body still visable, i left him there for about 10 mins and he still hadnt moved so i decided to try and unravel him butas i didnt want to hurt him i was gently trying to get him from behind the radiator (at this time most of his body was there) al this happened around 10:30 pm. so not trying to hurt him i decided the best thing i can do is let him go( bad idea, all his body was behind the radiator at this moment) to see if he would come out after a bit.

i went down stairs and told my dad and my dad said he never gets a rest n all that stuff so i said leave it he will probably come out on his own, so i waited and waited and waited, then i see a head a sigh of relief as i thought this is where he comes out, but no he goes back behind so im waiting again, it eventualy get to about 00:45 am im getting tired with work in the morning and decide that the radiator is coming of.

so i go to the shed (it was lashing it down that night aswell) get a spanner, turn my radiator of and get a pillow just incase he falls and a towel to soak any water up. but as im turning the spanner the water is still pouring out (it shouldnt do if its turned of it should drip) so after a few attempts at trying to turn it of i decide it wasnt working and go back down to the shed to get this plastic cap what turns them off if the valve is broke.
get back to my room put this cap and start turning water is still pouring out, it hadnt worked i tried a few more times, then come to the conclusion that my radiator is knackerd.

i wasnt going to leave him there because i didnt want him to go walk abouts. si i was thinking about just lifting the radiator up and hoping there was ebough play in the pipes under the floor, but then i thought no because my dad hads just plastered and paited the hall and he would kill me if i wrecked it on him so i walked to his room door and said "dad" ever so quietly (like i was 5 again and i had just had a nightmare) and i thought to myself what ami doing and walked back into my room sat there stairing at the snake thinking what to do then my mum comes into my room, then my dad follows and i ask him why the radiator wont turn off n he said cause its f***ed. and he says there should be enought play in the pipes. so he gets into position and lift the radiator off and i go to grab him but his neck is in the grove of the radiator and he is holding on for his dear life.

i eventualy get him out and gave him a quick look over to see if he was ok and he was so i put him back in his home and went to bed around 1:00 - 1:15 am.

thankfully it is summer and we dont have our radiators on cause i dont know what would have happened if they where.

that the story of how i nearly lost my snake

chris
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Royals247 Posted - 19/07/2010 : 19:39:51
at least you got him back!!
heaton177 Posted - 10/07/2010 : 08:40:51
haha it was quite the evening lol. it happens tho eh, its nice to hear of ppl stories with there snakes lol
AlannaJohan Posted - 09/07/2010 : 07:55:11
Sounds like quite the fun evening you had there Chris! They do hang on for dear life when they want to stay put, don't they? When Bruce decided to lodge himself in one of his viv ornament jobs I couldn't believe how much he wedged himself in place. He just wouldn't come out! Glad to hear all turned out fine in the end though
anton Posted - 08/07/2010 : 23:40:11
same happend to me well sort of,the cat knocked over the faun whilst i was at work come home and see the carnage and think the worst but no morris was to lazy to go any where and sits ontop of the rad pipe 2feet away, go to move him but he's having none of it and puffs himself up wedging himself between the wall and pipes took me 15 minutes to wrestle him out gave him a once over and took a temp reading of the rad luckily it was a perfect 32c. note to self fauns now go on the floor and keep the door shut. glad it turned out all ok for you
Welly Posted - 08/07/2010 : 23:22:00
If it happens again, spray him. He'll be p***ed off but he'll come out.

My king ended up inside my Pc once

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000