The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 Problem shed

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
nyoka Posted - 16/08/2010 : 21:00:12
Cleo is now eating well on medium rats however she has just had a second shed and again its in bits her head and eyes are clear but she still has large areas on the top of her back which have not come off, i am bathing her every couple of days and rubbing her with a towel which does remove some of the old skin. My question is is it safe to leave the skin which does not come off until her next shed and hope it comes off or should i make a concerted effort without being too harsh to remove the remaining skin. i now have a fogger which i will use the next time she turns blue as i still cant maintain a humidity above 25% without constant misting. I thank you all for you wisdom and advise in advance, and can only hope that one day i will be able to help a newbe as you have all helped me.
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Blackecho Posted - 17/08/2010 : 09:46:39
If you are struggling with humidity, you could move your water bowl to the warm end.

Put water the depth of the snake or slightly deeper in the RUB, put snake in, put lid on and leave for 20 mins
nyoka Posted - 17/08/2010 : 09:14:11
Thanks i will continue with the bathing, all though not sure she will stay in for 20 min, managed about 10 last time then she wants out. do use a rub on a heat mat and monitor the water temp. My water bowl in the viv is a 12" plant dish and is situated in the middle of the viv. i will try and get a couple of photos of the setup etc on the forum as im sure with a little advise it could be made better. Thanks again.
Blackecho Posted - 16/08/2010 : 22:44:56
Hi, how big is your water bowl and where is it in the viv?

When the snake turns blue their skin actually becomes waterproof so misting after that point is in fact useless. You could try leaving a damp hide in the cool end all the time so that if she needs more humidity she can get it.

I would personally try to remove the skin, allowing to run through a damp towel with gentle pressure a few times after a 20min soak in 30-35C water seems to do it.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000