The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 digi therm + thermostat probs

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
fiestastlou Posted - 21/08/2010 : 12:54:14
we use a heat mat with a habistat matstat to heat our royals rub, during the day we have it running at around 88, our digi therms showing 79.9 tho?? both the probes are in the same place at the hot end slightly in the aspen, i thought the therm might be wrong so used our corns digi thermomemter to test again n i got thr same reading, so im unsure what to do, do i turn the thermostat up until the digi therm reads the correct temprature?
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Breezy Breslin Posted - 22/08/2010 : 23:29:40
i know its helped me alot 2
fiestastlou Posted - 22/08/2010 : 21:05:48
dont feel like a tit lol this forum is brilliant and here to help people, id be lost without it lol
Breezy Breslin Posted - 22/08/2010 : 16:28:58
ive just read ur post and realised y my viv isnt hot enough i hav just put my probes in the substrate like u do and the temp just shot up to 40 degrees ive been wondering 4 ages y my viv isnt getting hot enough. i feel like a right tit now. I thought i wud just thank u even though u didnt do ewt.
spor Posted - 22/08/2010 : 00:51:29
some heat will be lost as well going through the substrate. on the heat mats i use for corn i have attached bot probes to the surface of the mat and then substrate on top. and run them at 32c.
fiestastlou Posted - 21/08/2010 : 13:54:01
brilliant, thanks for the quick, reply will do it now :)
Blackecho Posted - 21/08/2010 : 13:53:11
Yes, ignore the numbers on the thermostat, they aren't calibrated very accurately, just turn it up until the temperature is right.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000