The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 Lighting

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
nok1888 Posted - 18/09/2010 : 02:06:57
Im getting my viv set up over the next couple of weeks for my lovely soon to be Royal and wondered about lighting. I know they dont need artificial light but where the snake will be kept doesnt get much natural light (and ok i'll admit it'll look better lol). I saw a light set up that uses the strip lighting, its a light set up specifically for vivs heres the link http://www.valuevivariums.co.uk/pt2235-light-unit-t8t10-2x20w-p-2696.html (what do you think?). What I want to know (finally lol) is, would these types of light produce enough heat that a guard would be needed? It'll be fit flush so the snake wont be able to wrap around it, the lights are Grolux Light 18" x 1" 15watt

Can anyone give me a bit of advice with this please

Thanks
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
nok1888 Posted - 23/09/2010 : 20:29:02
Aye I know Roly m8 just (as always) being overly cautious lol
Snecklifter Posted - 23/09/2010 : 16:08:37
Mate, bulbs are so unlikley to shatter its hardly worth considering. Make sure it has a guard and if the bulb blows, as they do from time to time, all you'll be able to hear is the broken filament moving around on the inside :-) just change it like a normal bulb.
nok1888 Posted - 22/09/2010 : 20:27:21
Nice 1 thanks B.E
Blackecho Posted - 22/09/2010 : 20:26:34
Energy saving bulbs are fine
nok1888 Posted - 22/09/2010 : 19:56:05
Ive had a thought (get out the champers lol), I thought of getting a low watt red bulb for the viv but what if it blows and shatters, so I had the idea of an energy bulb, they are low watt and produce low heat (i'd still get a guard anyway). Has anyone done this? or does anyone know if they flicker, ive never noticed any flicker we have them around the house

What do you think?
nok1888 Posted - 18/09/2010 : 15:07:48
Never thought about that cheers boze
boze Posted - 18/09/2010 : 12:52:13
Youll need a guard regardless, its not just the heat but the fact that your snake could easily shatter a fluro tube by pressing on it too hard and end up cut to ribbons.

D
Blackecho Posted - 18/09/2010 : 07:48:51
I honestly don't know how hot they'll get, I wouldn't imagine they would though.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000