The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 she diched her hides now lives in tree

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
est84 Posted - 27/09/2010 : 20:08:39
is it normal for a royal to live up in trees, as i bought some log wood and made a tree with varios thick branch's, and now she has left her hides and lives in the tree at the top(about 2 foot high) and after feeding she goes up there to digest. Its quite good actually as she is always in view,also very well camoflaged.lol.. is this normal behavior??
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 29/09/2010 : 18:27:25
quote:
Originally posted by sandi

I dont know what a grass mouse nest is but we used to have ferrets (they love hammocks)so maybe a ferret hammock would be suitable? most pet shops would have them.

LOL - do you know I've been thinking of making him a hammock - didn't know you could buy them for ferrets! Going to look for one tomorrow - he'll love it!

Thanks for that.
sandi Posted - 29/09/2010 : 14:50:18
I dont know what a grass mouse nest is but we used to have ferrets (they love hammocks)so maybe a ferret hammock would be suitable? most pet shops would have them.
Snecklifter Posted - 28/09/2010 : 10:44:36
According to the keeper at the reptile house at Marwell Zoo, its a myth that Royals don't make good climbers or are averse to doing so. In the wild, if a Royal finds a good source of prey, i.e. arodent burrow that just happens to be near a tree, it will readily climb the tree during daylight hours and stay there until night time, when the rodents all leave the burrow to forage. Then, mister snake comes down from the tree, enters the empty burrow and waits for its prey to come home...
n/a Posted - 27/09/2010 : 20:47:13
My corns love those grass mouse nests from pet stores; I hang them from the viv ceilings, so I installed one for Shahi, my cf10 normal, and he spent most of his time up there until he got too fat for it - yes he eats - talk about coil at first bite - I should have called him Agrippa!

Am now looking out for a bigger grass nest for my royal tree python!
Headlow Posted - 27/09/2010 : 20:27:16
She obviously feels secure up there and has continued eating, so I wouldn't worry.

I would worry if my own did that though. She's a terrible climber lol

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000