The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 hissing sid

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
boost-boy74 Posted - 05/10/2010 : 16:30:24
hi all,

picked up a baby het pied royal male at donny, just gone to feed him again and he fed no worries, but he was tensing up in his rub and hissing at me - whats that all about, go easy on me im a snakey newbie.......
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
anatess Posted - 12/10/2010 : 19:41:59
My 3 year old royal hisses too! She does it when she's startled in her hide... We usually pick her up by pulling out her hiide that she's hiding in. She would cock her head back and hiss sometimes. My sons would just pick her up anyway. She must be thinking by now... Didn't you hear my protest???
fiestastlou Posted - 12/10/2010 : 13:01:36
our cecil has never hissed,heard it for the first time wen we bought our spider from donny home, i thought mike had sneezed lmao
boost-boy74 Posted - 11/10/2010 : 15:01:03
cheers people for the replies, i will let him settle - he does seem a lot more relaxed now than when he did the other day lol
n/a Posted - 05/10/2010 : 21:35:36
quote:
Originally posted by python23

no all as hatchlings, apart from my het male thats a year old, he dosent hiss just tries to bite. Deffinitely never been handled much.

Poor little guy - he'll settle down.
python23 Posted - 05/10/2010 : 20:58:25
no all as hatchlings, apart from my het male thats a year old, he dosent hiss just tries to bite. Deffinitely never been handled much.
n/a Posted - 05/10/2010 : 20:50:11
quote:
Originally posted by python23

I have had 5 royals over the last 7 years and I have never heard any of them hiss, wouldn't mind hearing it sometime .

Your snakes must be really laid back - or did you get them as adults - maybe it's a hatchling thing? I didn't realise royals hissed until I heard Shahi - it was a sort of hollow 'haaaaaaaaaaah!' noise because I'd picked up his kitchen roll tube, where his royal highness was relaxing ... I apologised.
python23 Posted - 05/10/2010 : 20:43:39
I have had 5 royals over the last 7 years and I have never heard any of them hiss, wouldn't mind hearing it sometime .
Blackecho Posted - 05/10/2010 : 18:02:48
Yeah, he's probably just a bit nervous.
n/a Posted - 05/10/2010 : 17:27:02
Aww, he's new and you're new, that's all, bless him! When I first tried to approach my Shahi, I found he could say his name ... Ssshhhaaahhhiii! lol. Also, he was going into shed ... couldn't be the case with your lad, could it?

He'll settle down. Shahi is now a BOLD python!

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000