The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 Problem!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
nok1888 Posted - 20/10/2010 : 01:16:40
Just went in to see Orlina but didnt want to disturb her too much the now so just checked in on her and she has a dent in her left eye!

I dont know whats happened because she's never been out for a few days now

Any ideas?
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
hodgie Posted - 20/10/2010 : 18:10:02
I had this problem with Hannah for quite a while, she just wasn`t drinking enough and has never had a complete sucessful shed. Recently i`ve moved her water bowl to the warm end to raise humidity and i`ve never seen the dents anymore.
nok1888 Posted - 20/10/2010 : 15:14:49
Thanks BATS, Im going to give her a bath soon hopefully it'll help
n/a Posted - 20/10/2010 : 14:56:08
It all sounds pretty normal for the beginning of a shed. From what I've read on here, and been told, a damp hide will aid humidity even if she doesn't go in it. I've heard about the dint in the eye before shed too. As for feeding, that's par for the course - my corns will usually take a meal while blue, but when Shahi's shedding I delay his feeding day. He really doesn't seem to want to know. And yes, with the times between shedding, they're all so different - it depends on appetite, growth, age. I like to keep a feeding and shedding diary - invaluable when you're busy - only takes a moment to jot down a date, but after a while, when you can look at a string of dates and think, 'ah yes, she's averaging so many weeks between shedding; if she goes quiet next week I'll know why,' that's very useful, and gives you a good guide as to what to expect from that individual snake. (I even note down when Shahi takes a dump.)

All the best with her shed!
nok1888 Posted - 20/10/2010 : 14:08:01
Ive been having problems with humidity, Ive been in to give the viv a spray down a few times and it raises the humidity for about an hour then it just sinks again. Its over all around the 35% mark, I got a higher reading when I put the probe inside her cool hide but as soon as I took it out it dropped again. I made a moist hide but she's not been interested in it

I think she's starting to into shed soon, she's become very quiet, only time she is out is when she goes between her hides. Never actually seen her blueing but her eyes have looked a bit cloudy when Ive saw her (Ive been trying to leave her in peace the past few days), not actually seen her drinking much lately either I usually see her drinking every day. I emailed her previous owner to see how often she sheds but she only said she shed 3 months ago so asked again waiting for reply. Ive been trying to find out how often she should shed online but no answer so I take it every snakes different

Tried a feed last night and she couldnt have been any less interested, actually went around the rat under my hand and into her other hide which isnt like her I usually just manage to get the food in the viv when she has it

I'll give her a bath today see if that helps any
fiestastlou Posted - 20/10/2010 : 11:05:30
our royal had a dent, but shed a few days later and it shed off :) check the humidity tho :)
Blackecho Posted - 20/10/2010 : 05:40:34
Is she due a shed?

Anatess is right and this can usually be cured with a soak in a bath.
anatess Posted - 20/10/2010 : 05:35:03
Usually a dent in the eye is caused by low humidity. What does your humidity look like?

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000