The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 royals in fauns?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
fiestastlou Posted - 25/10/2010 : 12:01:39
we bought a faun on sunday for a new hatchie corn at portsmouth, when going round the tables we where chatting to someone about hoggies and he asked if we where putting our baby royal in the faun we just bought as they loose heat, we explained it was for a corn, but is this true? we have a young adult corn in a large faun atm which we are planning to put in a bigger rub in a few months then we where going to change our baby spider royal from her small rub and put her in the large faun? but now im not sure whether this will be ok after what the guy said about it loosing heat. Can anyone help?
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
anatess Posted - 27/10/2010 : 19:01:16
Oh! I have a few of those! I use them to transport my snakes when I take them to the vet.

Yeah, they're more difficult to maintain because the plastic is very thin. So, unless it is in a room set at 80F, it will lose heat very quicky.
bonez007 Posted - 26/10/2010 : 17:38:47
clicky for a look at one http://www.touristinformationcentres.net/webshop/images/webshop/125/product/large/EXO-TERRA-FAUNARIUM-SMALL.jpg

they do tend to loose heat real quick but are quite nice to look at compared to a rub, i used one for homer at first and i just covered most of the holes on the lid and just left the holes on the tank part, work better for me :)
anatess Posted - 26/10/2010 : 15:46:29
Pardon my ignorance, but what's a faun?

fiestastlou Posted - 25/10/2010 : 13:25:34
Thats fine, just wanted to know before we went ahead and did it :) rubs are cheap enuff anyway, thank u :)
Blackecho Posted - 25/10/2010 : 12:46:46
Fauns aren't great for heat retention, RUBs are much better if possible.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000