The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 Not feeding.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
evo Posted - 12/11/2010 : 19:46:16
Hi everyone.
I know there have been lots of talk on this subject but i am getting a bit worried.Lee Jackson has not fed for coming up to ten weeks now, what i would like to know is 1. how long can they go without coming to harm.2.how long shall i leave it before trying again ( i have been leaving it for four days at the moment )He comes out for a look and a sniff then goes back in his hide. Even tried a gerbil to no avail. Thanks in anticipation.
14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
reptiledanny Posted - 14/11/2010 : 09:06:35
quote:
Originally posted by BurnedAtTheStake

LOL - little gannet! It was a case of 'nobody gets my rat!' was it? Lovely when they feed like that!

Shame about Bow, but she'll get there - it's a good sign that she's interested. Good luck for next time!

thanks bats, yes it was a bit like that, the way he didn't want monty to ahve it
he was like "why feeding monty rats again?"
"because theres one spare"
"well he eats mice and there plenty off them in teh freezer"
"but what am i going to do with this spare rat"
"nom nom nom nom nom"
"oh so you wnated it then lol"

yes shame about bow but an improvemnt with her being more interested. everyweek she seems more interested so i think in a couple of weeks she might take lol. i wasnt expecting her to eat as i have moved her into a smaller cage yesterday so was expecting a big refusal but she was interested lol
n/a Posted - 13/11/2010 : 22:51:22
LOL - little gannet! It was a case of 'nobody gets my rat!' was it? Lovely when they feed like that!

Shame about Bow, but she'll get there - it's a good sign that she's interested. Good luck for next time!

reptiledanny Posted - 13/11/2010 : 19:48:47
lol, well just tried bow, and she seemed alot more interested in the rat, but didn't take, after that i quickly tried barining it but no luck so didn'y push her anymore. after defrosting 2 rats, i offered one to bow, she refused, so i offered one to bullet, of course he took, so i waited and watched him, and then he came out his cage and was looking at me and i had the second rat in the tweezers for monty ( the dustbin corn) and bullet struck all the way at them and grabbed the rat lol, the greedy sod, so monty will be fed tomorow while bullet digests 2 rats lol
evo Posted - 13/11/2010 : 19:08:51
Ta to all.
Robert Posted - 13/11/2010 : 18:33:59
I agree with Lilith, in the early days my corn used to mop up all the uneaten/unwanted rats and mice my royals didn't want and then I got a spider morph and he did that and when he stopped my black pastel took over the role! it IS a cosmic conspiracy they are running lol to make us acquire more and more royals to take up where the last one left off! LOL I now have 1 Corn and 8 Royals as a result :)
reptiledanny Posted - 13/11/2010 : 15:22:27
i wonder sometimes as well bats lol
ill keep my fingers crossed for saadas first feed, hopefully he will be a good boy and not be like bow lol
the only prob is that as bow is not feeding i have not handled her much (only 3 times, and all 3 times were necceseary lol) so i dont know whjat she is like at being handled and will now now until she eats for me lol
n/a Posted - 13/11/2010 : 13:47:00
quote:
Originally posted by reptiledanny

lol bats, i didn't understand a word of that but i think i now what your trying to say
robert-its not that i am anz=xious or worried about her not eating, its just more frustrating that she does it lol although i have chnaced myslef tonight and have got a rat out for her and a rat out for bullet tonight in hope that she feeds lol

Lol - you know, it's a funny thing - people keep on saying that to me, don't know why ...

Good luck with the feeding, keep my fingers crossed for Bow. It's Saada's first feed (I hope) with me tomorrow - wish me luck! I haven't seen her all week - she's barricaded herself into a hide and stayed there, but I've kept checking temps and changing water and hope she feels settled enough to feed tomorrow.

If not, Buffy the greedy corn will be on standby - 'where's me rat??'
reptiledanny Posted - 13/11/2010 : 13:02:11
lol bats, i didn't understand a word of that but i think i now what your trying to say
robert-its not that i am anz=xious or worried about her not eating, its just more frustrating that she does it lol although i have chnaced myslef tonight and have got a rat out for her and a rat out for bullet tonight in hope that she feeds lol
n/a Posted - 12/11/2010 : 23:31:52
Hmmm......Have any of you noticed how many of us also have corn snakes?

Now we may THINK that this is due to the beauty, intelligence and charisma of corns, and their reputation as 'starter snakes.' Not so.

In the beginning, the royal python god provided us with corn snakes before the royal python arrived, as in due course he or she, or they, did. Then when the royal python happened to refuse his or her mouse or rat, a corn would be there to recycle it. Makes sense, eh?

May we continue to love our corns and may they remain gannets and go on mopping up the unwanted offerings at the shrine of the faddy royal python. But in the meantime may our faddy royals start to eat, and continue to scoff their grub!

And may the supply of f/t rodents flow plentifully, even if, as in my case today, I had to rehome 4 tubs of Haagen Dazs with the next door neigbours, owing to a slight mice-calculation about rodent delivery and freezer space!

We are all willing victims of a cosmic conspiracy ...
Robert Posted - 12/11/2010 : 22:53:20
Well one of my females (lemon pastel CB09) that hadn't eaten since 10th September has just had two rat weaners (approx 100g in total) having not eaten since 10th September I think she must have known that I had just posted the response above lol ......... you just have to be patient and wait :) they are perfidious by nature and I know when I got my first royal despite having other snakes prior to that I used to get very anxious when she didn't eat but now I know so I relax , so don't panic just wait and they will :)
reptiledanny Posted - 12/11/2010 : 21:59:55
my female that i got 4 weeks ago is still refusing lol, i think its just down to the time of the year now, it being cold
Blackecho Posted - 12/11/2010 : 21:26:40
One of my males went over 8 months this year.
evo Posted - 12/11/2010 : 20:24:23
Cheers Robert, feel a bit easier now.
Robert Posted - 12/11/2010 : 20:19:44
Hi, it's that time of year when most royals go off feeding as they have other things on their mind! I have two females that haven't eaten for 12 weeks now and were avid feeders before then, keep an eye on the weight, weigh every couple of weeks to check and if they are only losing a few grams don't worry,if all else is ok and there are no other symptoms and the environment the snake is in hasn't changed then there it will eat when it is ready, just offer once a week or two depending on the size and avoid handling too often, they will eventually eat. They can go months without eating the longest recorded was nearly 2 years!! make sure that there is plenty of fresh water and that the temperature is good and just go with the flow.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000