The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 Vivarium stacks

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Kelfezond Posted - 16/11/2010 : 13:21:35
Hello!
Time has come for me to look into getting a vivarium stack, I've looked around the web for anyone that custom builds stacks to your specifications but google searching anything like it swamps you with thousands of ad's for vivarium being sold all over the country. I've got a few people I'm waiting for quotes back from but was wondering if any of you know any websites where I could order a stack to my specifications.

for anyone interested or curious, I need it to be 36inch wide, 17 inches deep, need 4 to 5 vivs and the high doesn't really matter, so long as I can reach into the top one :P
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 06/12/2010 : 23:09:42
LOL - I once fenced in a whole allotment and built a henrun and hut - but the minute I see those bits and bats and bags of screws and instruction sheet ... me brain drains and me eyes cross and ...
drchino Posted - 06/12/2010 : 23:04:50
haha I do always end up putting something on backwards with self assembly stuff and I'm quite confident with DIY! Recently bought a chest of drawers to sit my corns viv on and I spent a good few minutes working out what the hell was going on with one bit, only to find out that I'd had it upside down! Oh well, at least the girlfriend didn't see!

The worst one was when my and my dad put on some chair legs completely the wrong way round...he's a carpenter too!
Welly Posted - 06/12/2010 : 22:53:24
Viv Exotics for me.
Dead easy to put up, stack easy and top quality.
Bit more than most but you get a secure hard back and everything you'll need.

http://www.vivexotic.co.uk/
n/a Posted - 06/12/2010 : 20:04:34
quote:
Originally posted by reptiledanny

quote:
Originally posted by drchino

I'd quite prefer to build my own, but the glass is an issue. For the sake of hassle it's easier to just get a self assembly kit, that way I still feel like I built it!

lmfao, now that made me chuckle, although my dad still builds it for me, i feel like i will screw it up lol

LOL - I always put them together back to front! That's if I read the instruction sheet.

If I get all the bits out, ignore the instruction sheet, frown, narrow my eyes and start doing my own thing ...

I still end up with a muiraviv ...
reptiledanny Posted - 06/12/2010 : 19:45:17
quote:
Originally posted by drchino

I'd quite prefer to build my own, but the glass is an issue. For the sake of hassle it's easier to just get a self assembly kit, that way I still feel like I built it!

lmfao, now that made me chuckle, although my dad still builds it for me, i feel like i will screw it up lol
drchino Posted - 06/12/2010 : 19:35:55
Kelfezond Posted - 06/12/2010 : 16:12:28
Got a quote from a chap over on RFUK (Not the greatest community but you have to admire the classifieds section over there) for £225 + £80 delivery.

This sounds very cheap for a 5 stack so I'm wondering if any of you have heard anything bad (or good) about the chap or the company "Wirral Vivz"
BobJ420 Posted - 29/11/2010 : 01:56:33
Been looking into this one for a few weeks now myself Kelf, DIY seems to be the best bet for me, however I have quite a few glass suppliers :). However just had a quick search for you and http://www.facebook.com/pages/Inhabit-Solutions/166179283402760?ref=mf look nice although I've no experience of them myself. Hope that helps :)
reptiledanny Posted - 28/11/2010 : 18:01:09
was looking through rfuk, and saw a post about this company, just thought id let u now about it as they are claiming that the company rips u off and the vivs made are not good quality
heres the link
http://www.reptileforums.co.uk/forums/classified-chat/614835-warning-do-not-use-viv.html
heaton177 Posted - 18/11/2010 : 18:13:06
some nice animals and nice vivs aswel:)
Kelfezond Posted - 18/11/2010 : 10:45:35
I found a nice website who build vivariums custom made to the spec's you require, they also add anything else you might want to the viv such as attaching drawers or a cupboard or a stand etc. etc.

I got a quote for what I want at £310 so I think I'll go for that, seems pretty good and I know I'll fail at a DIY one, I'll somehow end up having made a table or a chair or something and just think "The hell did that happen?"

Website here if you wanna have a look, nice gallery on the site
http://www.allaboutreptileskent.com/index.html
jmlg1986 Posted - 17/11/2010 : 19:22:31
im sure that laminated glass can be used as it stays in 1 piece if broken. im thinking of converting an old wardrobe in to a stack and think i will use laminated glass as i know i would break toughened + i can get laminated for free lol
n/a Posted - 17/11/2010 : 18:32:31
You're right, Heaton - I once inquired about perspex (for something different) and it is more expensive, but it's easier to handle and safer - I'm the world's clumsiest person! I did think of having a look in Wickes' or similar and buying a big sheet and cutting it to size as required.

Getting quite interested in this ...
heaton177 Posted - 17/11/2010 : 18:21:43
go to anywhere who makes windows, it will have to be toughned glass with the eges sanded down. and bats you prob will pay more for perspects than glass i think, mind you depends on the size of sheet you get, im thinking about building a viv stacj myself, and if i remeber i will put a how its made thread in the diy section :). will be a while off i think want to wait until i get an albino but if i make the stack now it will give me a reason to buy more snakes :)

good luck with your viv stack kel :)

did you get my add on steam?
Kelfezond Posted - 16/11/2010 : 21:40:03
Sounds like a plan. I'll think up some more ideas and perhaps I'll make my own, no rush atm since I need to have my floorboard repaired so don't want to make it all just to have to shift it out the room to get the carpets up in a few weeks
n/a Posted - 16/11/2010 : 20:35:43
I don't like those sliding glass doors either and it'd be a disaster if I tried to construct them. I plan to have a shallow lower section containing two emergency rubs, with the vivs, two at least, atop that. I plan to fit 'drop down' hinged rabbit hutch style doors on the vivs with perspex panels (know I can make those okay lol.)
Kelfezond Posted - 16/11/2010 : 20:20:44
I've looked at the DIY section but it's more the hassle of having to get the glass (which I have no idea where to get from or what kind)which put me off.

It'll also cost me a load for the materials for the dimensions I need, I'd rather just pay a little bit more for one thats professionally built and won't fall down at the slightest breeze which is what mine will do xP
jmlg1986 Posted - 16/11/2010 : 17:56:38
i have to agree with b.a.t.s and add that most places like b&q will even cut the wood to size for next to nothing.
n/a Posted - 16/11/2010 : 17:47:07
I was thinking that - been planning to build a stack in an alcove, and I've come to the conclusion, after studying the construction of a bought viv, that anyone who has a drill, an electric screwdriver, and who can saw in a straight line has a good chance of building their own. Good luck!
heaton177 Posted - 16/11/2010 : 17:35:19
try making it yourself? look on the snake related DIY?

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000