The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 Shahi Sheds Again

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 27/11/2010 : 14:05:01
I keep shedding records, and it's a pity I didn't consult them before offering Shahi a meal last Monday. Since beginning to feed with me he sheds regularly every six weeks, so if I'd just bothered to glance at my notes I could have saved a nice big mouse. As it was I offered him the mouse in-viv, since he was up on his climbing branch, and he ran away from it and got into one of his seagrass box hides. Useful these - if he's in there I can just lift the whole thing out and lift the lid..

I was a bit puzzled; he never refuses his grub, but I thought I'd put him in a rub to feed, and rewarm the mouse ... then I realised. Blue eyes and a dusty skin. I apologised and replaced him. Shame about the mouse.

He's had a damp hide in his viv ever since his last shed which was clean except for the tailtip, but in shreds, as usual. The hide is a small rub with a hole cut in the side with a hot knife, and lined with sphagnum moss. He's used this hide a couple of times, but moss gets smelly. I use kitchen roll now.

By Wednesday his eyes were clearing and he was sleeping in his hollow bamboo beneath the infra red. I misted him in that, just to be on the safe side, although I know they're waterproof as soon as they go into blue. But, a little extra humidity ...

Last night I kept checking him. Nothing. This morning, he was out on his branch. Looking very shiny and bright-eyed and smug. No sign of a shed but when I checked his hides for a pre-shed dump I found a ... thing, an alien! No, actually, it was the first time I'd seen a balled up shed. I unrolled it and it was damp and silky and perfect. From specs to tailtip. Clever lad!

Oh, and I found the dump in another hide. Any one of my large cats would have been proud of that! He's only 6 or 7 months old. No wonder he looked smug!

A little snake in good working order! Well done Shahi!

6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Robert Posted - 29/11/2010 : 21:38:15
It always surprises me how much a hatchling can produce -lol
n/a Posted - 29/11/2010 : 19:45:59
quote:
Originally posted by Royalbob

Nice one shahi. Little bit lighter and nice and shiny.

Yup, he looks good, he's growing into a handsome young dude ...

Thanks to Blackecho though for tip about leaving damp hide in.
Royalbob Posted - 29/11/2010 : 11:08:22
Nice one shahi. Little bit lighter and nice and shiny.
n/a Posted - 27/11/2010 : 14:40:42
Urrgh, Danny, lol! Men, eh??

Yeah, I've even got a long thin frame - might put the skin in that!

Thanks Gmac - good luck with your guys.
reptiledanny Posted - 27/11/2010 : 14:31:40
lol, well done shahi, good on him for doing a huge dump, u now how us males are always proud if we do a huge one lol
and finally u ahve a shed to keep lol
GMac Posted - 27/11/2010 : 14:17:41
nice one BATS, still waiting on any one of my three sorting themselves out and not dumping in every shed

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000