The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 Heating rep room

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Royalbob Posted - 08/12/2010 : 16:40:19
Converting a very small room in my place for my r.u.b rack. The room/ large store cupboard is 3m x 2m. It is slightly cooler than the rest of the house. Does anybody know or have experience with different portable heaters as i would need to raise the temp to an ambiant room temp of 80F. Currently it's sits between 65 - 70f. Also best insulating methods or would this not be needed as it part of the house. Was thinking about a small oil filled radiator but just wanted to hear from anyone that may know of a better or more economical method.
Thanks
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Royalbob Posted - 10/12/2010 : 19:15:35
Ahh cheers siaddy thats exactly what i was looking at but the one in your post is even cheaper :-)
great find.
siaddy23 Posted - 10/12/2010 : 08:48:52
Something with a thermostat like this http://www.charliesdirect.co.uk/products/supawarm-thermostatic-controlled-mini-oil-filled-radiator-heater-900-watt?utm_source=ShopZilla&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=SupaWarm%2BThermostatic%2BControlled%2BMini%2BOil%2BFilled%2BRadiator%2BHeater&utm_campaign=Rad Also while the energy consumption table is usefull dont use it as gospel when buying one, oil filled heaters are much better at heating a room and therefore may only need to be on for an hour or 2 a day where as the fan blowers may well use less electricity but will need to be on for much longer to attain the same amount of heat.
Royalbob Posted - 08/12/2010 : 22:45:38
Great site, thanks for the reply. yep those oil filled ones are very high wattages and the room not that large. cheers.
deadmansfinger Posted - 08/12/2010 : 20:35:16
I used an oil filled radiator to heat my garage. It was only used when I was actually in there in the winter but it cost around 20p an hour to run. A friend of mine had a big house and used to use the electric fan heaters in a couple of their rooms. They said they cost a few pence an hour to run. I don't know what wattage either of these were but the link below might give you some prices:-

http://www.sust-it.net/heating_energy_calculator.php

Brian.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000