The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 keeping 2 royals

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
gary Posted - 10/01/2011 : 08:08:03
HI EVERYONE JUST A LITTLE Q CAN U KEEP 2 ROYALS TOGETHER PLZ LET ME KNOW
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
sandi Posted - 12/01/2011 : 14:52:13
Snakes are quite solitary in the wild so my feelings are to keep it that way in captivity.
gary Posted - 11/01/2011 : 18:30:35
CHEERS LADS THANKS 4 THE INFO
CoN Posted - 10/01/2011 : 14:52:01
Im with Blackecho. Another thing to think about is, if the one gets sick he might infect the other, meaning double vet bills or death of both.
n/a Posted - 10/01/2011 : 14:48:47
I have an open mind on cohabiting some kinds of snakes, under the right, spacious conditions, but I personally wouldn't cohabit royals because of their habit of sometimes fasting long term at this time of year. If you had one fasting and one eating regularly and both in the same enclosure (even if you fed in a separate enclosure) it could lead to misunderstandings ... worst case scenario, fasting snake suddenly gets the munchies in the middle of the night, scents a trace of ratty-smell on other snake ...

Are you thinking of getting another snake? If cash or space is short, what about a suitably sized rub? Even if snakes are cohabited, it's a good rule to keep in spare enclosures and equipment, just in case you did need to separate them, so since you'd have to have that spare rub, mat, stat etc, might as well keep the new snake in it. All the best.
Blackecho Posted - 10/01/2011 : 08:33:32
Can, yes, should, no.

Sticky just above your thread: http://www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2922

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000