The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 2nd feed worries

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
jo-jo-beans Posted - 10/01/2011 : 23:39:21
Hey guys,
Hadn't really seen the wee dude, since I fed him, a week past Thursday. Kinda expected it, because i moved his rat size up to a weaner.

He was up and about last night, climbing every where, so i thought - should I try him with some food, or should I wait until he goes to the toilet?

You see ive read tonnes about what to do if they don't feed or don't poop, but not much on "normal" behaviour. Anywhoos, I was having a wee check under his hides,and there it was, he even remembered to put the toilet lid down, such a good wee boy I've got here :-)

So tried him with another rat weaner tonight, and he is nom nomming as I type. It's just about gone.

LOVE HIM!!!!!!

Just had to share with you guys, and it was my hub that jumped this time when he struck (he-he, cue evil laugh!!)

Joanna
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
jo-jo-beans Posted - 11/01/2011 : 17:03:05
Thanks guys :-D
Royalbob Posted - 11/01/2011 : 11:05:26
great news on 2nd feed, and as above i wouldn't wait for the toilet break either.
Blackecho Posted - 11/01/2011 : 09:55:58
I wouldn't wait for them to go to the toilet before feeding, mine only tend to go every 4 - 6 weeks.
reptiledanny Posted - 11/01/2011 : 07:57:34
congrats lol, like bats sed, lucky to get one to feed in shed, although my bow will now wat any time lol
If u were to wait for ur royal to go toilet to feed, u would be waiting about 6-8 weeks to feed lol so just feed every week
n/a Posted - 11/01/2011 : 00:14:42
quote:
Originally posted by jo-jo-beans

Thanks Lilith, I'm well chuffed.

He's also looking uber cute as he's in the middle of a shed. It's weird to see it coming off in near enough the one go, as im used to the lizards doing it in bits and pieces.
:-)

Guess ill not see him for another week now :-(

Oh that's cool - I understand royals don't usually feed during shed (unless they're called Sunshine,or my Saada gannet. Shahi definitely doesn't. Haven't found out about Surahi yet!)

DEFINITELY a royal in good working order. Congrats!
jo-jo-beans Posted - 11/01/2011 : 00:09:13
Thanks Lilith, I'm well chuffed.

He's also looking uber cute as he's in the middle of a shed. It's weird to see it coming off in near enough the one go, as im used to the lizards doing it in bits and pieces.
:-)

Guess ill not see him for another week now :-(
n/a Posted - 10/01/2011 : 23:50:54
HAH - that sounds great - a happy little royal in good working order!

They're all different - some 'go' after each feed like corns (or cats) - some save it up till they shed. So some of them only go about every six weeks! (And oh boy, when they go, they go! My cats would be proud!)

Congrats, and snakey too!

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000