The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 Spares

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Robert Posted - 12/01/2011 : 19:41:48
I looked in this morning to find that an infra red heating bulb had blown in one of my vivs, the temperature in the viv was still at 29 degrees celcius so could not have been out long but I thought just a gentle reminder to save any distress to you or your snake, although I guess most of you will already do this, do remember to get a spare heating mat, bulb and if possible a spare thermostat of the correct type for your heating, things do fail and always at the wrong time, given the cold weather it is important to keep your snakes warm and healthy, I am prompted to write this as I have just gone through two spare infra red bulbs in a week and had to replenish stocks.
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Royalbob Posted - 13/01/2011 : 14:08:49
yeh great point to bring up Robert. I got my spare mat and stat cause knowing my luck they'll both go on xmas day lol
Robert Posted - 12/01/2011 : 20:38:15
I too am a worry bucket :) hence the spares, when you take on the care of another living thing especially something as wonderful as a royal care is important :)
n/a Posted - 12/01/2011 : 20:12:39
quote:
Originally posted by GMac

good point, I do have spares of most things, including rubs and stats.

Same here - they don't half come in handy too. I plan a big change-round in half the house - the snakes in those rooms can be tucked up out of the way of the uproar in the spare rubs. And when I enquired about Surahi I could take her straight away because I'd got spare set-ups ... there are benefits to being a worrybucket.

I know there is the initial expense, but then you're prepared for any eventuality.
reptiledanny Posted - 12/01/2011 : 20:01:14
very good idea, i forgot to order a spare actually iwth my ceramic, so next order i will order another one
will ahve spare rubs and stats for mats, but may need to get a spare stat for bulb
GMac Posted - 12/01/2011 : 19:56:47
good point, I do have spares of most things, including rubs and stats.
n/a Posted - 12/01/2011 : 19:51:18
Ouch! Yeah, if I buy stuff it's free delivery over £50 from favourite shop (Blue Lizard) - a good incentive to bulk up the order with spare bulbs etc.

As the queen of worrybuckets I agree - good tip!

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000