The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 RAIN WATER?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
shaydstar Posted - 15/01/2011 : 18:25:47
Hey guys I was wondering is it advisable to use rain water as supposed to treated tap water for the water bowl and to mist the tank? Thanks in advance
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kazerella Posted - 18/01/2011 : 18:53:47
I use rainwater with my axolotls and being amphibians you would think that they would feel the effects of contamination worse than a snake would, so it can't be that polluted.

Saying that though all my snakes do have tap water and I've never had any problems.
Blackecho Posted - 18/01/2011 : 11:44:59
Mine have tap water that has stood for a couple of days.
ukglyn Posted - 18/01/2011 : 11:01:57
Yeah tap water for me to, its what they have been used to since hatching, if they were captive bread so no need to change now imo.
nok1888 Posted - 16/01/2011 : 05:20:20
quote:
Originally posted by GMac

tap water, (but its good scottish tap water )

Aye but as soon as you cross the border it goes downhill from there lol noticed it as soon as i moved down here
shaydstar Posted - 15/01/2011 : 21:47:36
k i'll stick to the tap water cheers guys!
n/a Posted - 15/01/2011 : 21:09:25
quote:
Originally posted by Lotabob

Tap water is the good stuff. If anyone heard about the water crisis in Belfast over xmas. I was without for over a week and my dog turned his nose up at bottled water, refused to drink it, had to get tap water from a friends in a bottle for him. If my dog approves of tap water then it must be good.

omg were you in that? Commiserations! Must have been hell.
Lotabob Posted - 15/01/2011 : 21:03:21
Tap water is the good stuff. If anyone heard about the water crisis in Belfast over xmas. I was without for over a week and my dog turned his nose up at bottled water, refused to drink it, had to get tap water from a friends in a bottle for him. If my dog approves of tap water then it must be good.
n/a Posted - 15/01/2011 : 21:02:41
quote:
Originally posted by Grunt

Would tap water kill your snake? Council pop is ok for you to drink, so why not a serpent?

LOL - council pop -thought it was only me that called it that lol!

If you draw tapwater off and leave it to rest for 24 hours, a lot of the chlorine/chemicals are said to leave it.

So I change water every 24/48 hours.

(And the minute I change it, Saffron emerges, tongue flicking. 'Want my chlorine fix, Lil ...')
GMac Posted - 15/01/2011 : 20:56:00
tap water, (but its good scottish tap water )
Grunt Posted - 15/01/2011 : 20:55:50
Would tap water kill your snake? Council pop is ok for you to drink, so why not a serpent?
nok1888 Posted - 15/01/2011 : 20:52:35
I use bottled water, the water here is chronic the amount of chemicals in it is a joke it tastes rank
Royalbob Posted - 15/01/2011 : 20:28:29
Tap water
sandi Posted - 15/01/2011 : 19:08:49
True but the wild royal is not indiginous to our british pollution levels. Also any captive bread snake doesnt have the immunity that they would have in the wild.
shaydstar Posted - 15/01/2011 : 18:57:41
well yea pollution was my thinking behind the question but then again its rain water they would live with in the wild
sandi Posted - 15/01/2011 : 18:55:28
With the amount of contamination possible in our atmosphere which could condense into our clouds i wouldnt bother. But, thats just my opinion! If you dont feel treated tap water is safe then by natural spring water instead.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000