The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 smoking

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
soloman Posted - 20/01/2011 : 22:13:55
me and my wife smoke will this harm the snake if his viv is in the same room
19   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Lancelot Posted - 10/02/2011 : 13:44:16
For anyone who can quite you have my deepest respect . Watching and being on the receiving end of someone close to me give up was a very difficult time but year after she seemed so much healthier looking and much happier with money. It is far from easy (even to watch) , but much can come from it. Being a passive smoker it made a big difference to me also, made me realise were my head ache issues came from and smell seemed much clearer after.
sandi Posted - 10/02/2011 : 08:33:44
Quit nazi! good term for it!
I'm surrounded by smokers so if i happen to raise my sanctimonious, waggy finger then its likely to get bitten off!
Lotabob Posted - 09/02/2011 : 23:45:02
Thats what I say, I'll never quit again. lol.

I honestly haven't had even one craving from day 1, it was as if something just switched off in my brain. But I have tried before and suffered badly for it too so I know what its like. I have noticed though how ex smokers are usually quit-nazis, I know I am now, I find myself saying stuff that I would have told someone to *@!$ off if they had have said it to me 7 months ago.
sandi Posted - 09/02/2011 : 22:43:23
Well done lotabob! I know how hard it is, so you did good man!
I gave up 4 years ago but it wasnt till my Mum's death that i kept my promise to her....thats how f****** tough nicotine is!

hubby still smokes and did all the time i was giving up so i figure i did it the hard way too!
One things for sure, I aint never giving up again so wont be starting up any time soon!
Lotabob Posted - 09/02/2011 : 22:13:08
Lol, you can do it, I tried everything to quit, patches, inhalers, gum, pills the lot but one night I was sitting on the balcony having a smoke and just thought enough is enough, finished that cigarette, put it out put the ashtray, pack of cigarettes and lighter in the bin and haven't even thought about smoking again. I had things I wanted that I couldn't afford because of the ridiculous amount of money I was spending on cigarettes, I smoked for 10 years and I estimated I'd spent around £18,000 on cigarettes. I have little notes in my work diary of how much I am saving so I can see the benefit written down, I'm upto about £950 at the moment, minus a cornsnake and royal setup I'm still quids in. Those pastels are within reach and you will notice the health benefits too.
blackskull Posted - 09/02/2011 : 21:05:09
i must admit i smoke. i always go out side to smoke and wash my hands b4 going into my snakes

i am gonna try and give up, its just force of habbit now, and when im smoke free im gonna treat myself to a pair of pastels. weather the beter half likes it or not lol
Lotabob Posted - 09/02/2011 : 19:22:32
I gave up smoking exactly 6 months ago. I gave up cold turkey so I could put the £150+ a month towards my passion for reptiles rather than just burn it. For anybody who is thinking of stopping smoking (which everybody should, its a pointless and expensive habit) set yourself a snake related goal. Mine was after a month buy a corn snake. As for the actual question and answers, the simplest answer is if you want to slowly kill yourself thats fair enough but don't put animals/kids/people in harms way just go outside you lazy bugger.
Lancelot Posted - 09/02/2011 : 12:39:05
I make anyone who smokes, smoke outside my home. I have birds anyway which i'm constantly paranoid about especially when next door decide to have a BBQ .
Plus doesn't i inhibit sense of smell in humans. I understand when someone gives up suddenly there smell/tastes seems to be a noticeable factor in comming back
A snake may smell/taste a little differently but it could be a factor for them making feeding problems more of a possible problem maybe?
fiestastlou Posted - 09/02/2011 : 11:07:26
never have or will smoke near mine, im a heavy smoker, and have all our snakes in my bedroom, we used to smoke in our room, but as soon as we where set on getting a snake the room was aired for a good month and cleaned! i wont even walk past the bedroom with a fag if the doors open and they aint allowed in the living room or kitchen if someone is smoking and wont touch any of them or their stuff if i have had a cig and the smells on me.
blackskull Posted - 21/01/2011 : 15:30:31
quote:
Originally posted by speedy231278

Nicotine is a poison, full stop.... lol

well yeah lol
speedy231278 Posted - 21/01/2011 : 15:21:05
Nicotine is a poison, full stop.... lol
blackskull Posted - 21/01/2011 : 14:18:41
i heard from a vet that nicotine is toxic to snakes, don't know how true this is.so if you smoke you need to make sure you wash your hands before handling too
speedy231278 Posted - 21/01/2011 : 09:53:30
Patsy doesn't approve of smoking. On one occasion my missus and I were both in the kitchen, and she was leaning out of the window with one on the go. A gust of wind blew some smoke into the kitchen, and Patsy, who I was holding some distance away voiced her opinion on the matter.... lol
Blackecho Posted - 21/01/2011 : 09:31:51
Especially as snakes only have one decent lung.
louise32 Posted - 21/01/2011 : 07:40:59
All the more reason for you to quit. Go on, do it for your kids and snakes :)

Can't offer any other advice really, never smoked :)
Royalbob Posted - 20/01/2011 : 23:37:36
yep as do some household cleaning products in not ventilated properly.
Lotabob Posted - 20/01/2011 : 23:11:52
Unfortunately smoke of any kind does harm to anything with lungs, they really don't mix well. I too am an ex smoker.
soloman Posted - 20/01/2011 : 22:35:46
yeah that figures we dont smoke much in the house coz of the kids but on the odd occation we do so it handy to know these things.
CoN Posted - 20/01/2011 : 22:29:35
My answer is yes, it would harm the snake/s. Think about it this way, what does smoking do the the human body? Then what danger is that for a snake (Im talking second hand smoking). Most VETs will ask this question too if you bring in a sick reptile when you dont know whats wrong with it "Do you smoke near the pet" Not saying thats the cause of the retile being sick.

Please dont think Im having ago at "smokers", Im an ex-smoker.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000