The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 Is the Pet shop wrong

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
csn Posted - 26/01/2011 : 17:40:32
i am collecting my female baby normal on tuesday. the pet shop told me i cant put it into a rub!? is the correct because i already have a rub set up for the baby.

please help
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kelfezond Posted - 28/01/2011 : 14:28:30
No worries BE I see your point.

My sincerest apologies
Blackecho Posted - 28/01/2011 : 14:11:27
quote:
Originally posted by Kelfezond

Why not? Seems like something that should be done if somebody is trying to rip him off.

The forum owners are legally responsible for its contents and if any of this was false/misinterpreted etc and the shop owner felt that it was slanderous they could theoretically sue Lewy, so better safe than sorry. Feel free to e-mail each other/MSN etc about it though if you wanted to.

On a personal note, if this were not the case I'd be all up for a list of shops to avoid, it might make them improve their act.

Sorry.
reptiledanny Posted - 28/01/2011 : 09:47:54
I agree with u in a way, but it depends on what comes withe setup. It cost me about 150 quid to set up my 4ft tank for my corn, and that's inc stat and mat that I already hadn so to me 220 does seem a bit steep even if u get a viv setup, but then I suppose if u buy it from a pet shop then u are always guna pay more
Snecklifter Posted - 28/01/2011 : 08:10:37
quote:
Originally posted by CoN

quote:
Originally posted by Snecklifter

quote:

Mine was nowhere near that much, I spent about £300 on a 5stack viv system, I bought a smaller viv for one of my snakes and it cost me about £50.

I never did the exact maths but the snake was £75 and the viv was about the same so thats £150 straight away. When I'd got all the heating sorted out (stats, bulbs, guards etc.) and furniture, I would have thought it had cost be about £300. my point is you can spend what you want on gear, but for a full set up £220 isn't unreasonable.

Linked removed so I couldnt comment on the "starter kit" Some times they say Starter kit for a snake, BUT then if you look at the stuff in the starter kit its isnt worth buying most of the time as you WILL have to replace most of the equipment.

Well thats a bit of a generalisation, both of the exotic pet shops closest to me sell starter kits and the equipment in both is top notch. Of course, you only get what you pay for. On the other hand, there are starter kits out there that are pretty basic and as you said, would probably warrant immediate replacement - but then, there is plenty of discussion on this forum about snake habitats and less is more in quite a few peoples' eyes. I'm not sure that the snake really minds either, as long as its got somewhere to hide, some water and a heat source - so given that, are starter kits that include only basic equipment adequate? In the vast majority of cases, yes, probably.

Again, my point was that for a good start up kit, £220 is perhaps not unreasonable.
CoN Posted - 27/01/2011 : 16:46:27
quote:
Originally posted by Snecklifter

quote:

Mine was nowhere near that much, I spent about £300 on a 5stack viv system, I bought a smaller viv for one of my snakes and it cost me about £50.

I never did the exact maths but the snake was £75 and the viv was about the same so thats £150 straight away. When I'd got all the heating sorted out (stats, bulbs, guards etc.) and furniture, I would have thought it had cost be about £300. my point is you can spend what you want on gear, but for a full set up £220 isn't unreasonable.

Linked removed so I couldnt comment on the "starter kit" Some times they say Starter kit for a snake, BUT then if you look at the stuff in the starter kit its isnt worth buying most of the time as you WILL have to replace most of the equipment.
Snecklifter Posted - 27/01/2011 : 15:16:56
quote:

inkygirl Posted - 27/01/2011 : 14:38:50
my royal lived in a rub from the man we brought her from. and she has stayed in one. she is feeding, shedding, pooing well and if she is happy then i am :)
Kelfezond Posted - 27/01/2011 : 13:46:04
Snecklifter Posted - 27/01/2011 : 13:41:18
quote:
Originally posted by csn

Well...i am going to get snakey and shoot lol. i aint paying 220 for no starter kit are they crazy lol!!

Well, actually that doesn't sound like a huge amount of money if you were buying a viv straight away. I know that with the snake, my initial outlay was in excess of £300 and i've spent more since.
Kelfezond Posted - 27/01/2011 : 11:10:46
Why not? Seems like something that should be done if somebody is trying to rip him off.
Blackecho Posted - 27/01/2011 : 09:55:35
quote:

What shop was this csn? Im slihgtly annoyed about this

Sorry, no naming and shaming allowed.
Lotabob Posted - 26/01/2011 : 23:34:56
Must be Boobooks. Though why they are an Owl I'll never know.
anatess Posted - 26/01/2011 : 23:25:17
quote:

Bo****ks, bloody idiots. Any condition a shop can maintain you can too.

Edited for the sake of our moddy friends :)

Ayayay! I wanna know what that word is!!!
Royalbob Posted - 26/01/2011 : 21:14:15
Yep as everyones already said and in the words of scubadude it's cobblers. The only time I would advise not to place in a rub would be if the room temp was really cold. This is because the ambient of a rub will only be a few degrees warmer than the temp of the room.
csn Posted - 26/01/2011 : 18:38:04
Well...i am going to get snakey and shoot lol. i aint paying 220 for no starter kit are they crazy lol!!
scubadude Posted - 26/01/2011 : 18:36:34
just been looking at the website I wonder if this is anything to do with wanting to push their 'tropical snake starter kit' hmmm nah couldn't be..
Kelfezond Posted - 26/01/2011 : 18:25:42
What shop was this csn? Im slihgtly annoyed about this
csn Posted - 26/01/2011 : 18:23:25
thanks Kelfezond.
louise32 Posted - 26/01/2011 : 18:23:06
I agree, rubbish.

My Royal baby is comming from a breeder and all his babies are in rubs! When I bring her home she is going into a 9L rub.

Kelfezond Posted - 26/01/2011 : 18:21:21
Bo****ks, bloody idiots. Any condition a shop can maintain you can too.

Edited for the sake of our moddy friends :)

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000