The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 reptile radiator

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
blackskull Posted - 26/01/2011 : 18:42:24
has anyone used the reptile radiator before? ive got a cold end temp prob as not high enough. i moved house recently and its a cold house and getting the temp up in the cold end has been a bit of a struggle as its a cold house with no central heating. i never had a prob where i used to live as it was a warmer house.

i was thinking of getting one and mounting it in the middle of the viv to help raise the temp at the cold end, would this work

thanks
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Royalbob Posted - 14/02/2011 : 11:38:14
good news
blackskull Posted - 13/02/2011 : 09:18:46
problem solved. i had a move around in the bedroom and moved his viv and cold end is now fine
ddm10 Posted - 29/01/2011 : 22:15:52
Got one of these when I set up. Had it for about 18 months and couldn't fault it, untill it packed up a few weeks ago. Gone for a ceramic now, much cheaper and more conveniant to replace. As for the radiators, they do give adequate heat for a 3' in a warm room, although do struggle if ambiant temps are low. Be alrite to bumb up ambient temps, though and prob last longer, becaue it's running cooler.

Overall as for the radiators in general, I'd say a ceramic would be better, they're supposed to last for up to 5 years apparently, don't know if thats true, but at least they're not 50quid a pop.
blackskull Posted - 27/01/2011 : 20:15:02
he is 4ft and in a 4ft viv
Royalbob Posted - 26/01/2011 : 22:38:07
quote:
Originally posted by hodgie

quote:
Originally posted by Royalbob

I was looking at one of these when I was setting up 3ft viv. I was told that it might struggle to heat a 3ft for a royal python so I opted out. Loved the look of them though as they don't take up any room.

Maybe if you were after perfect temps with the rad at one end, but if it was placed about 1/3rd the way along im sure it would be fine.

Yeh that's how I explained how I wanted it when I was looking so prob why I was told that. A shame cause I really did like the look of em. Cheers hodgie. Would definately think about o e again if I set up a viv again.
hodgie Posted - 26/01/2011 : 21:56:46
How big is your snake and how big is your viv?
blackskull Posted - 26/01/2011 : 21:14:09
i was thinkin of puttin the rad nearer the cold end, stated to bring up the temp. my hot end temp is fine
hodgie Posted - 26/01/2011 : 21:10:47
quote:
Originally posted by Royalbob

I was looking at one of these when I was setting up 3ft viv. I was told that it might struggle to heat a 3ft for a royal python so I opted out. Loved the look of them though as they don't take up any room.

Maybe if you were after perfect temps with the rad at one end, but if it was placed about 1/3rd the way along im sure it would be fine.
blackskull Posted - 26/01/2011 : 21:10:31
i wouldn't be useing it on its own it would be with a ceramic bulb which i already have in the viv
Royalbob Posted - 26/01/2011 : 21:05:13
hodgie Posted - 26/01/2011 : 19:45:48
Yes i used them, infact i sold them all the other day.
I had them in 2ft viv`s and the temps were spot on, however you`ll need a big water bowl in there to keep a good humidity level. I sold mine because i built a rack system.
However they are an excellent bit of kit worth every penny.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000