The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 First good shed.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
sandi Posted - 28/01/2011 : 08:48:47
Florence has only shed once with me and it was in bits like confetti! The bloke i get her from said she always sheds in bits which i didnt think was a good thing so this time i was determined to get it right for her. I upped the humidity, made a damp hide and added an extra water dish on the hot side and waited....

This morning she had presented me with an almost perfect shed, just a bit torn around the head end, coiled up like a condom! Oh and a perfect poo as well! How lucky am I?!

So happy with my little girl! I gave her a quick check over and she is all bright and shiny with no stuck bits. The skin measured about 33 inch so its all good!!!
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
sandi Posted - 29/01/2011 : 19:06:14
Yeah, humidity is the key, I try to keep it at about 45-50% normally but upped it to about 65% and it worked! Last time she had moved so many things in her viv, wood and hides had shifted all over the place which made me feel that she must have been in a lot of stress getting that skin of her but this time, nothing had moved, it was as if she had just slithered out of her skin on the spot! Just what we want eh?

I just cleaned her out today and had a move about of her "rooms". when i put her back she had a good ol mooch about and at one point stretched the full length of the viv....36 inch! Good Girl! must have been a bit of skin i missed in her measuring yesterday!
Royalbob Posted - 28/01/2011 : 16:03:03
Great news. I'm a firm believer that humidity is important to them. minimum 50% and then upped during shedding for a couple days. Stops them drinking excessively or sitting in water bowls which can lead to other problems.
reptiledanny Posted - 28/01/2011 : 09:42:03
Congrats, always good when they do a full shed. It could have neen the humidity that was the problem, so you know now that every time she goes into shed u need to up the humidity
And I like the description, like a condom lol, that's how I always describe them. With the length, they usual say subtract 10 % of the length, and that's the size of uour royal, so ur royal is about 30 inches lol, nice length
And congrats again, now u can start the collection of shed lol, and then 2 years later you get them all out and not believe how small she originally was

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000