The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 New tank set up

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
reptilemadd Posted - 11/02/2011 : 23:21:23
I've just set my first tank up using a infa red heat source and just wanted to check if the temps were ok, under the bulb or there abouts is 32.7c and the cool end is 21.4c are these fine? the tank is empty at the moment so if the temps are fine would they be ok once the hides and substrate is in? lastly should the temps differ day and night or stay the asame round the clock? many thanks
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Lotabob Posted - 13/02/2011 : 00:33:23
You control the hotspot with a stat, that will always be the same, the ambient will change at night. This will only happen if the room they are in also cools at night. (Mine doesn't its climate controlled so i turn the temp in the room down to achieve the ambient drop). You can buy expensive stats that can have other expensive timers plugged into them to dip temperatures at night, I find it just as easy to drop the room temperature and leave the stat at 32 degrees. It also saves money on the heating bills too, win win.
reptilemadd Posted - 13/02/2011 : 00:01:04
Thanks for the reply bob, this is going to sound silly but if we are artificially keeping the temps higher than our room temps how will they natually drop at night. I only ask because with my bearded dragon I need to turn the dimming stat down in order to change the night time temp
Royalbob Posted - 12/02/2011 : 23:24:33
Temps should be 26. At the cool/ ambient and a hot spot of 32
I keep temps the same as they will naturally drop a few degrees at night.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000