The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 How many holes in a RUB?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
mort13 Posted - 21/02/2011 : 17:43:02
I know its probably a bit of a stupid question,but I really want to get things as right as I can.
I have a 9l RUB ready for when I get a royal and I was wondering how many holes to put in it for ventilation and the best location for the holes?
Do you have the same amount both ends or does it differ depending on whether its the hot or cool end?
I did try a search but I may have been looking in the wrong place.
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
ballgirl Posted - 23/02/2011 : 13:54:15
I've got my 2ft Royal in an 18l RUB with no ventilation holes.
The RUBS are ventilated around the lid and I decided to only put holes in it if it looked like there was going to be a humidity problem. There isn't so far and no extra holes means that the rub keeps the ambient heat in better.

Hope that helps
n/a Posted - 22/02/2011 : 11:29:17
Off the top of my head I would think that with viv ventilation, it would be fine to keep the doors closed and maintain a stable ambient.

I once read a post where Royalbob advised someone to keep their rub in a viv to conserve warmth - hopefully he'll be along soon and will be able to provide a bit more info.
mort13 Posted - 22/02/2011 : 08:15:10
Doh! I looked at that thread when I did my previous search but missed the link. Thanks for redirecting me to it. What a pleb I am!
I was thinking of either having the RUB between 2 shelves or putting it in an empty 3 foot viv that I have. If I slid both the glass doors to the centre so there was a gap between the doors and the side of the viv do you think there'd be enough ventilation?
n/a Posted - 21/02/2011 : 18:04:49
Try page 8 of this general keeping section - Kelfezond's thread: 'Rub rub rub' which also contains a link to another thread re rub ventilation.

The important thing about rubs is that you have to keep them in a room where the temp is close to the ambient temp you need in the rub- unlike vivs they don't hold heat as well.

Hope this helps.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000