The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 Mis-striking

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Margwar Posted - 01/03/2011 : 18:54:28
We re-arranged Margwar's vivarium yesterday morning and fed him last night, I was a little worried that he'd be a little stressed and would refuse to eat, boy was I wrong!
I wanted to watching him eat, it's something I haven't done for a while, we heated the mouse up 3 times to get him to finally eat the bloody thing!
In between the heating up, he firstly struck and bite his own tail, he yanked his tail back only causing his teeth to sink in further.... Silly snake.
He then struck it and coiled around it, but I think the bright light from my camera distracted him, and he let go and refused to eat, so it got re heated for a 3rd time, and he finally struck it and ate it.
I think the fact we were watching and there was a bright LED light shining in his cage put him off a little.
But he seems happy this morning, hiding away in his new hide! Going to check his tail in a few days when he's let his dinner settle to check his tail isn't damaged, there was no blood which has to be a good sign.
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
sandi Posted - 01/03/2011 : 21:49:11
i had a cat do that once too! then he attacked his tail for hurting him!
Kelfezond Posted - 01/03/2011 : 20:53:51
I've had valhalla do it too, only thing it hurt was her pride
Lotabob Posted - 01/03/2011 : 19:42:42
My corn does that too, gets too giddy and ends up constriting his head along with the mouse and then has to unwind and work out where he is.
n/a Posted - 01/03/2011 : 19:06:14
Hi - I've had corns do this. They've coiled so tightly round the mouse that they've got confused as to where it's gone, and, in feeding frenzy, bitten themselves, and done no damage at all.

Silly snakes!

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000