The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 If ever there was a reason to not cohabit

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Lotabob Posted - 06/03/2011 : 12:00:21
I found this and was shocked, I have noticed that Duke was in with three other royals and he has a few bite marks on him but this is horrible.

http://www.rcreptiles.com/forum/about1343.html
14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Strawb Posted - 06/03/2011 : 19:32:31
As I wrote on another thread, I've seen pet shops with young balls, boa constrictors and young corn snakes all in the one viv. They seemed fine, but what a risk. They certainly weren't cuddling up together.
Lotabob Posted - 06/03/2011 : 16:41:21
quote:
Originally posted by sullysteve

Sex me! thats bad poo!

HAHA brilliant, yet polite.
sullysteve Posted - 06/03/2011 : 16:24:32
Sex me! thats bad poo!
Kelfezond Posted - 06/03/2011 : 15:01:52
Tis indeed strange how some are fine and some aren't, guess it depends on the animal.
n/a Posted - 06/03/2011 : 14:59:08
Ah well, as to that ...

If I could find the photo and post it I could show you pics of my GS Hannah (sadly passed 20+ years back) 'mothering' small kittens. I could also show you my jack russells snuggling up to cats and kittens - but, if the jrs spotted a cat in the street, if not on the lead, they'd chase! (Could be the cat would give them what for, and they'd have asked for it, or rather I would have been to blame for not keeping them under control.)

So, perhaps a disaster is down to being in the wrong place at the wrong time - and we as owners have to think ahead for any pet of whatever species.
Kelfezond Posted - 06/03/2011 : 14:47:02
No absolutely not, seeing the pictures put you off the idea straight away.

I've seen a huge german sheperd with the limp corpse of a cat hanging each side of hos slobbery jaws and i'll never own a cat and dog together after seeing that no matter how many people have had them together without problems lol
n/a Posted - 06/03/2011 : 14:32:14
Well true - but nobody wants their snakes to be in that minority, eh?
Kelfezond Posted - 06/03/2011 : 14:13:28
We know what can happen with royals being cohabited i think its important to note it is the vast minority.
n/a Posted - 06/03/2011 : 14:04:25
Sorry Lotabob, concerned about the snakes too, didn't mean to be flippant, was just teasing Kelfezond lol.

Yes, I reckon the poor little devils must have both asphyxiated. I have an open mind on cohabbing some snakes, but definitely not royals, with their erratic feeding schedules.
nok1888 Posted - 06/03/2011 : 13:46:47
Stuff that then I wont be looking lol
n/a Posted - 06/03/2011 : 13:39:14
Urrgh, I know - just before I read this I'd grilled a burger, but when I put it into the bun (with ketchup) I cut the bun in half and the burger was still red and squishy inside and had to go back under the grill ...

...Still fancy your tea, Kelf??
Kelfezond Posted - 06/03/2011 : 13:30:54
There goes my dinner, thanks for that :p
Lotabob Posted - 06/03/2011 : 12:36:35
I think its already dead. I don't tink they killed the cannabal to show what it ate.
Welly Posted - 06/03/2011 : 12:21:04
Why kill one to see? I would have just left it alone.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000