The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 Is it unusual?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Wendigo Posted - 04/04/2011 : 13:28:55
Hi, sorry for all my posts.

I'm just wondering if it normal for a BP to always wanting to be held? I hold my Wendigo everyday (i have to, to put the cream on) and she loves being held. She seems more comfortable with me though, when i had my mom holding her while putting the bulb guard on, she was moving around a lot trying to get off her, but while i hold her, she'll have a little move around, then wrap around my wrist and hand and totally relax. When i put her back in her viv, she's straight up the glass like she's wanting to come back out, so i sometimes get her back out, and i think she loves it Are they all like this or do i have a very special little girl?
12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Wendigo Posted - 09/04/2011 : 21:29:29
Haha lol. I hope she'll eat soon though, as she looks a little thinner D=
Lotabob Posted - 08/04/2011 : 23:39:49
Stressed is probably the last thing on her mind. If someone rubbed my belly with soothing cream every day I'd be so far from stressed Maybe thats just me PMSL.

She will eat when she is ready just be really proud of the progress you've made with her so far.
Wendigo Posted - 08/04/2011 : 22:48:31
Thanks for your nice words guys =) I'm just glad that she is happy being out, and not getting stressed n__n Just waiting for her to feed now, tried her for the past 3 weeks, but she shows no interest, she'll smell them, then just ''walk'' all over them and go back to her hide xD
STICKS Posted - 05/04/2011 : 20:15:02
Hi there Wendigo I agree with BATS you have bonded with her and she prob likes the cream on i think you have done a great job with her keep up the good work.D.
n/a Posted - 05/04/2011 : 20:09:53
quote:
Originally posted by Strawb

Tawfik,
Yours is a new snake in a new viv and is naturally nervous. He'll come round to the new environment in his own time.
You sound like you have a very special girl Wendigo. I've had Tia just under 2 months and I always have to lift up what ever hide she's under and take her out for armchair walkies (thank BATS for that expression). She doesn't complain and seems to enjoy herself when she's out, but taking her out is definitely my idea.

LOL - I'm really flattered by you and Lotabob too - the saying 'Armchair Walkies' is now known as far as Germany and Nothern Ireland - cool!
Strawb Posted - 05/04/2011 : 19:52:25
Tawfik,
Yours is a new snake in a new viv and is naturally nervous. He'll come round to the new environment in his own time.
You sound like you have a very special girl Wendigo. I've had Tia just under 2 months and I always have to lift up what ever hide she's under and take her out for armchair walkies (thank BATS for that expression). She doesn't complain and seems to enjoy herself when she's out, but taking her out is definitely my idea.
Tawfik47 Posted - 05/04/2011 : 11:39:51
I don't have experience in handling yet, but when i bought Blitz i handled him and he was crawling all over me and looked happy.
But then when he was in his new viv. , he never showed up moving !
He's always in his hides, and moving between them only when there's nobody around !
Margwar Posted - 05/04/2011 : 08:35:04
Margwar is almost the total opposite to this in respects to wanting to come out. He's usually a bit stubborn, but as soon as he's out, he's happy to curl up and settle on me, however if my boyfriend goes to hold him, he does get a little unsettled, or comes slipping back over to me :P
Kelfezond Posted - 04/04/2011 : 17:55:25
In short no that isn't usual behavior but no royals are the same.

Diablo is the same as yours (yeah I noticed it) he comes out onto my hand whenever the glass opens.
Scar is the opposite and runs away to hide.
Welly Posted - 04/04/2011 : 17:33:46
Mine tap on the glass when they want to come out.
I only get them out when they do or glass climb. My boa hardly does but both Sabre and Shadow do.
hodgie Posted - 04/04/2011 : 16:10:31
Two of my males are very nervous and i only hold them for cleaning and then its very briefly, seconds in fact. Joker my male pastel is extremely chilled and will rest his head on my hand (has done this on many occasions). All 3 of my females are very confident and dont seem to have a care in the world, as soon as their rubs/hides are open they are straight out for a nose around.
n/a Posted - 04/04/2011 : 13:41:37
LOL - we're all postaholics!

Some royals do seem to like being with people; Surahi would spend her life round my neck if I let her, and I've read of other royals on here that continually crave attention.

Your Wendigo is special though because of all the time she's spent being nursed by you - I do think that establishes an extra bond of trust when an animal is ill and needs human help; I've seen it before in cats, even intractable ones; why shouldn't it happen with snakes? When Shahi first came he went blue and the shed was an awful one; despite the no handling rule I had to have him out and bath and help him; he swore blue murder at first, but then relaxed, no doubt seeing the towel and my hands as extra shedding aids. And you've had to do much more for Wendigo than that. She probably sees you as part of her world - and its clearly a part she enjoys.

We've no way of knowing what goes through their minds but (call me sentimental) I think some royals do like human contact.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000