The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 temp troubs

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Laws Posted - 04/04/2011 : 15:04:01
ok so on an evening zac temps read 25 -26 in cool end (under a big piece of cork bark ) the warm end is 32 /33 by the enterance of the hide .
wen we come down in a morning , the temps read 22/23 in cold end and 30 in warm is this too low for the cold side ? or will he just move over to warm himself up ? i dont really kno how to raise it up as i dont want to have the heating on all the time . we are using a infra red 100 w bulb statted and guarded thanks x
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Tawfik47 Posted - 07/04/2011 : 08:07:48
You don't have to worry alot about ur temp, I have 21 on the cold side and 28 in the hot side. although, Blitz prefere to be in the cold side hide ! strange but true. He just go to the hot side for couple of hours to heat himself and then go back to the cold hide :D
Laws Posted - 07/04/2011 : 01:14:57
yay LD puts my mind at rest a little , hope the feeding goes well for him on friday , he refused on the saturday but we had only had him a day (i kno we prob should of waited , but the guy said that hes a good feeder and to try him ) but he didnt as we expected so have left him be and will try friday . but glad we got temps sorted and constant now , thanks for ur help :D
Lotabob Posted - 06/04/2011 : 18:05:16
Thats almost exactly the ambient I'm getting and Duke likes it that way so not about to start worrying about it. Its really rather warm in my flat when the suns out like today and ambient is 25 at the moment so you've got your setup doing exactly what it should be doing now.
Blackecho Posted - 06/04/2011 : 17:02:18
Nah, you should have afairly good gradient with that, it'll be fine at 24/25 in the cool end.
Laws Posted - 06/04/2011 : 16:44:11
gettin a constant 32.6 now they are both taped together , thanks :) still having trouble raising cold end tho wen the heatings not on . its 24.4 atm with no heating on but its warm outside , it goes to 25 -26 with heating on . is this too low?
Laws Posted - 04/04/2011 : 20:11:33
aaah will have a look wen i get back home thanks :)
Lotabob Posted - 04/04/2011 : 19:43:09
Your thermometer probe and stat probe need to be right next to each other, I've actually glued mine together (not a reccommendation just to show how close they need to be). Your thermometer is clearly picking up on the drop that naturally happems to the ambient temp overnight (also if you open a window), this misreading wouldn't happen if the thermometer probe was in the hotspot. Your stat probe is perfectly positioned and you'll find that the temp in the hotspot is actually staying the same its just the thermometer thats tricking you, lol.
Laws Posted - 04/04/2011 : 15:34:18

a couple more pics
Laws Posted - 04/04/2011 : 15:32:42
we have a dimming stat , the prob is set near the thermometer probe by the enterance to the hot end probe

by the viv lock u can see the temp and the stat prob just about . its a 100 w bulb , the viv size is 30 x 18 x 15
Blackecho Posted - 04/04/2011 : 15:24:50
What sort of stat are you using and where's the probe, have you got a photo of your setup?

My cold end's change with the natural night time drop, but the dimming stats keep the warm end at a constant temp +/- 0.1C

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000