The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 hunting for python poo....

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Laws Posted - 07/04/2011 : 01:20:08

so we set the viv up , and zac mooches around late at nite , my question is how do u spot check when there is so many hidey holes ? we were originally using kitchen roll , but it kept making everythin slip everywhere so we switched it to aspen and its also helped keep the viv warm . since we have had zac hes pretty much stayed in the one larger hide in the warm end , the other day we noticed he had switched to the coconut in the warm end , anyways having had to change his water i smelt somethin that stunk lol , so lifted up his cave hide only to find the largest snake turd in the world , no wonder he had moved ! lol . so how do u spot check without taking everythin out? may sound like a stupid question i kno x
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Laws Posted - 09/04/2011 : 00:47:24
we are still waiting for a zac style turd . kai our corn likes to poop in his water bowl ! nice ! lotabob , u are really making me want a boa! just worried they get huge ? x
Vikx993 Posted - 08/04/2011 : 20:11:35
I got my royal Felix on Sunday, and I woke up on Monday morning went to check him and nearly passed out...omg im used to corn poop, this was massive, all over his plants in the water bowl i was heaving...have to admit im not really looking forward to the next one!
Lotabob Posted - 08/04/2011 : 19:08:20
quote:
Originally posted by Laws

i want a boa next

Its on record now! I'll not lie, I do love Duke but he is a massive great big ball of crazy. The new Boa is just lovely, only had him just over a week and already he is happy been handled, eats like a starving crocodile and is just ridiculously nosey. He even behaved himself when he had to have a bath.
n/a Posted - 08/04/2011 : 17:01:39
LOL - all this definitely appeals to MY infantile sense of humour!

Just learned today that the Dutch word 'schat' means 'treasure'.

Oh, my snake has just left me a little 'schat'!

Censor that. mods!

BlueDragon Posted - 08/04/2011 : 10:42:51
I must be immature too then, 'cause I'm giggling to myself as well X )

I agree that Royal poop doesn't really smell all that much, but then again I've kept a Corn so know what that's like 0_0
I kinda like Tig pooping under his hot hide in a way, 'cause it means it bakes and is therefore easier to clean up. I just do it doggie bag style : )

...If snakey poop smells bad to us, what must it smell like to them???
Laws Posted - 08/04/2011 : 00:57:09
heheh i dont kno whether im just slightly immature , but this post has amused me no end , ive giggled away . well we are waiting for kodi (corn ) to drop it like its hot soon. and as for zac i think its gona be peek - a -poo with him ! fingers crossed for him feeding tomorro for the first time with us! i will say the corns smell more than his , i want a boa next , sssshhhhh dont tell the missus i said that.....
Dr Chop Posted - 07/04/2011 : 21:52:21
quote:
Originally posted by BurnedAtTheStake

I'm just glad they won't grow to boa size!

Do love 'em though, stinky little varmints lol

Don’t get me started about boa poo the best way I can describe it and I have said it before its like having a grate dane in a box but at least there easy to find just look for the huge stinky pile unlike my royals who like the hide the poo game
n/a Posted - 07/04/2011 : 19:46:37
Log fog?

It's like cat diarrohea and then some!

I have an elderly tomcat (retired) who I say is as good as a husband because he's underfoot all the time, hogs all the bedspace, and stinks the bog out, but even he isn't as disgusting as a corn.

I'm just glad they won't grow to boa size!

Do love 'em though, stinky little varmints lol
Lotabob Posted - 07/04/2011 : 19:34:04
You know the 'log fog' too!
Strawb Posted - 07/04/2011 : 19:26:14
Tia's only done 1 poo since she's been here and that was on a tile and under her second favourite hide. Nice and easy to clean. I must say that the smell, while hardly something you'd put on before going to the disco, wasn't as bad as I thought it might be.
When Karla the cali poos it's usually all over the floor when she#s out and about. I usually hear a disgusting squelch before the all pervading whiff envelops my nostrils.
Mixi the corn is even worse. Every time I walk into the room after he's had a dump it's like entering a brown fog.
Lotabob Posted - 07/04/2011 : 18:21:24
quote:
Originally posted by BurnedAtTheStake

Lovely jubbly - ratatouille or hot chocolate mouse??

That's interesting - I can't recall a single really stinky royal dump, but the corns make me heave

I have to agree corns are smellier and more often than royal dumps but Royal smell lingers around longer BUT and I have only just learnt this Boa poo STINKS something shocking.
scubadude Posted - 07/04/2011 : 15:13:37
hmm all mine like to play 'hide and poo seek' tis great fun playing hunt the turd, as to regularity, all tend to pass a steamer every couple of weeks or so except for Anan my big spider royal, he likes to wait about a month and leave me a pile you could ski down.
n/a Posted - 07/04/2011 : 14:42:01
Lovely jubbly - ratatouille or hot chocolate mouse??

That's interesting - I can't recall a single really stinky royal dump, but the corns make me heave - and I've done some muck-shovelling in my time lol.

I don't think he did it because he was in a new viv - I don't think snakes mark their environment like some mammals, but I may be wrong ... Well, he may have decided to boldly go where no python has been before, but really I think he just had to do what a man gotta do ...

You just can't always predict ... Shahi shed a short while back, and I'm still waiting for the aftermath ... Bet he is too.

Oh boy will THAT be a humdinger when it arrives!
Laws Posted - 07/04/2011 : 13:05:07
i do agree that zac poo smells ALOT more than the corns , and was almost medium dog sized poo ! lol . we have got into more of a routine with the corns , feed them and a few days later poo , then another day later little poo . pythons tho , we havent fed him yet so im wondering if that poo was new home poo , or due to shed poo lol . whatever it was it smelt lol
Lotabob Posted - 07/04/2011 : 12:53:52
I couldn't miss Dukes Poo, it was nearly as big as him. And you can smell it. I can tell by smell which snake has pooed. Lol.
Laws Posted - 07/04/2011 : 12:29:07
well i did smell that somethin wasnt rite , haha then found it in the hot end hide baking at 32 degree's lol! do u think he poo'd coz its a new environment ? i dont think he is in blue , but then we dont see him till one in the morning when he thinks we arent there hooray for red bulbs ! lol . x
BlueDragon Posted - 07/04/2011 : 11:42:59
Tig only poops when he's shed... actually very occationaly he poops just before going into blue, but it's rare. Looking foward to this after-shed poop! ; )
n/a Posted - 07/04/2011 : 11:12:31
Yeah, I can usually tell by the smell, but not always.

Royals usually take a dump only when shedding, but not always.

My girls sometimes go, regardless of shedding, every two or three weeks ...but not always.

Er, sorry, Steve, it's the old story ... they're all different ...

Hi, Laws, as you get to know Zac, you may find he has a favourite corner or hide that he uses as his bog - makes life easier, that and the infrequency of the royal dump ... unlike stinky messy corns...eww, I must love them though ...
stevethornley Posted - 07/04/2011 : 10:41:27
Laws, I hope you don't mind me hijacking your thread, but it is poo-related...

How often should a Royal poo? I know you're all going to say "every snake is different", and I accept that LOL but our Kate has had 2 rat weeners since her shed (when she did poo) and we've seen nothing since! There must be some seriously digested indigestible bits up there somewhere! (Sorry if you're eating).

Just wondered if Forum members would like to share their experience of poo frequency?

Steve
BlueDragon Posted - 07/04/2011 : 08:53:44
I suppose I'm lucky then, 'cause Tig always poops in his hot end hide. I don't have to look 'cause I know where it'll be after he's shed.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000