The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 Feeding Blitz

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Tawfik47 Posted - 08/04/2011 : 21:36:11
Hey, I'm planing for something new to try with Blitz, Hopefully it will work. I'm planing to feed Blitz in another container. i think the hamster viv or in a cartoon box.
Please can u guys give me tips how to do this or any advice that can be helpfull
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 09/04/2011 : 21:03:14
Bless him - he will go on getting bolder and braver - royals are shy - I've had my cf10 lad since last July and I rarely see much of him. None of them come out of their hides very much - that's royals for you. (Although could be the winter/fasting season.)

The curtain's a good idea - I used to put a bit of lace curtain over Shahi's viv when he was new lol.

Good luck with the next feeding attempt.
Tawfik47 Posted - 09/04/2011 : 20:36:26
I put this on the viv so Blitz can have more privacy :) hope it will help to succeed the second attempt to feed him.

I think he is doing well in settling in his new viv, i've noticed that during the day he put is head out and see what's goin on outside :) he never did this before. and here's a couple of pics

Tawfik47 Posted - 09/04/2011 : 14:30:08
Well, the one who sold Blitz to me seems like don't have accurate info about him, he told me he is maybe one year old and he is about 85 cm tall. Not adequate information about Blitz is what i'm afraid of.
Anyway, i'll buy something to wieght Blitz soon and i'll post how much he wieght.
n/a Posted - 08/04/2011 : 22:01:22
Ah - we all overlapped - sounds good and good luck with the next feed.
Lotabob Posted - 08/04/2011 : 22:00:36
Weighing them is a good way to monitor growth but only in relation to length not age, some 10 year old royals aren't even 3 feet long but they are perfectly healthy, just small. The best way to tell if a snake is underweigh is they go a funny toblerone (triangular) shape. A healthy snake will have a body shape similar to a slice of bread, but Royals are quite round and don't really adhere to that rule.
n/a Posted - 08/04/2011 : 21:58:43
Well - if he's been fed nothing but chicks, they aren't the most nourishing food for a royal. However I talked to someone a while back who maintained that their royal did very well on chicks ... didn't agree with them personally.

However. Royals are great survivors, as Bob has said. How old is Blitz and what does he weigh?

I know how you feel, I really do, as I went through all this with Shahi, and Bob did too with Duke. Royals don't always feed instantly in new homes.

They just take things slow but sure.
Tawfik47 Posted - 08/04/2011 : 21:55:02
Thank you, u made me feel better, then i'll wait till wednesday nd try again, wish me luck :)
Lotabob Posted - 08/04/2011 : 21:52:30
Just looked at your photos again and he isn't underweight, he is small but he is a nice shape you've nothing to worry about there.
Tawfik47 Posted - 08/04/2011 : 21:49:41
I just have stronge feelings that he is already underweight, so i'm little bit more worry about him :(
Lotabob Posted - 08/04/2011 : 21:49:35
Yeah I would leave him in his vivarium, if I remember your setup its a glass aquarium conversion. I would also cover as much of the tank as possible and turn off a couple of the lamps unless they are all used for heat. Dark and hidden is the way forward, Royals are very secretive and shy and nocturnal.

As BATS says leave it a week from the refused feed to the next attempt tyo allow a nice period of settling, and don't worry about the missed meals, they can go months and months without food and without losing any weight at all.
n/a Posted - 08/04/2011 : 21:40:02
Hi again. Since he's new and refused his first feed (nothing to worry about, especially with a royal) I really would stick to his viv where he feels secure, and try him 5/7 days after the last feeding attempt.

Good luck - he'll get there,

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000