The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 Should i wait?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Dio Posted - 13/04/2011 : 19:56:39
I'm trying to decide if i should still wait until the weekend to feed Dio after finding out he was on way too small mice. He was fed 3 times in 10 days (2 of those feeds were only 24 hours apart) as we gave him extra as we were worried the mouse fluff wasn't big enough.

We've now got large mice (the shop didn't have any rats of the same size) but didn't know if to still leave it the 7 days. He fed last on monday.
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Dio Posted - 13/04/2011 : 20:51:11
I'll weigh them before i feed them too him. If it is too big then we have got 1 more small mouse left that he can have. We told the guys in southcoast exotics how big he was and they said he sould be on those ones. I'm sure they said it was a large mouse those does look bigger to me, infact it doesn't look far off being the same size as Asti my rat.
n/a Posted - 13/04/2011 : 20:45:16
I saw that pic, and the big mouse looked like an ex-breeder - according to my supplier's guide 45g approx. Have you weighed these beasties?

If you can't get any intermediate prey would be better to feed him 2 smaller mice but at the same session, and don't worry if he refuses the 2nd. Long as there's something in his belly, he won't starve. Rats are even better, but early days yet.
Dio Posted - 13/04/2011 : 20:39:26
5 days will be on Saturday so i'll feed him them and hope he likes the bigger food. I had to take a picture i was so shocked with the difference.
Strawb Posted - 13/04/2011 : 20:32:53
He may have been under fed at the shop, but I would still go with Blackecho's rules.
Dio Posted - 13/04/2011 : 20:30:23
He was being fed mice that were only about 5% (at the most) of his weight, he's only 200g. We now have mice that are more the weight he should be having, infact i'm going to be surprised if he'd manage to get it down. I'm just a bit worried that he's been under fed at the shop too though he doesn't seem under weight.
n/a Posted - 13/04/2011 : 20:20:05
Hi, Blackecho's feeding guide:

0-400g feed every 5 days
400-800g feed every 7 days

feed 10/15% of snake's bodyweight. They need the prescribed interval to digest.

hope this helps.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000