The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 New set up problem.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
sandi Posted - 14/04/2011 : 09:09:46
I'm building a bigger viv for Boris, all going well so far. I'm getting a bigger ceramic heat bulb 150w and a new ceramic lamp holder but need to use the existing thermostat. I want to be able to test out and create a stable temp in the new viv but how do i do that when Boris needs the stat in his current viv?

All i can think is to put an old heat mat in his old viv for a day and put heating on while the new viv warms up but it wont give me long to tweak and stabilise the temp.

Also, the old guard from old viv is being moved across to new viv so cant even put another bulb in place, although could move that at the last minute but would still leave heat unstatted.

Any ideas?
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 14/04/2011 : 15:52:54
Oh well, if you get stuck there's always tomorrow, but obviously if you can borrow a stat locally that would be great.
sandi Posted - 14/04/2011 : 15:41:08
Oh bats thats very kind of you! Thanks but too late now as only just found your reply! You have just reminded me though, that a friend of mine has a spare stat for her corn snake, so i will ask her very nicely if i can borrow it for a few days.

Thanks for the offer!
n/a Posted - 14/04/2011 : 10:13:50
So you need another stat temporarily?

either you could buy a cheap one on Ebay or, if you let me know by 2 this aft, I'll lend you one of my spares (it's new so no risk of any possible lurgies.) I'm going across town then and can post it - am awash with packaging and bubble wrap.

Email me (amendment - thought it might not be good idea to give my email address but if you're interested I can put it up quickly and them remove it again after you've got it.) If you don't want to give your home address for posting, would your workplace accept delivery?)

Edit - this is a microclimate mat stat by the way.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000