The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 Growing well

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Lancelot Posted - 01/05/2011 : 22:26:32
First measuring session -
24/11/2010
849g 102.5 cm

when it was believed she was a he. Looking back at this picture i can see how skinny her neck looked and the creases looking sharper when the scales stood out abit.

Todays measuring session
1/5/2011
1.240grams 112cm

she wouldn't behave for the camera to put her self in similar position but anyway she's hard to hold her with one hand. Usually fold her in half and half again.

shows well her girth.

She eats anything furry looking at a snap of a look which is a little worrying because one day i do hope she doesn't miss judge something like a cat toy for a meal. I feed her every week with variations on her behaviour changing it sometimes. Waving her head along the glass has turned into "hint, human , me hungry"

I'm so pleased she's come such a long way in such a short space of time. I'm now completely confused what her age is supposed to be because she's growing so fast like she was made not to in the past.
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Lancelot Posted - 02/05/2011 : 19:02:22
Her head doesn't look fully adult size yet, or maybe she just has a small head.
I've compared her to other royals (mostly males which maybe a factor) and it is a little on the small size. I understand the head is titchy and i have had to help bend back the front limbs of the pray for her. Rat weaner is the max i can give her, i'd be very worried giving her anything bigger.
n/a Posted - 02/05/2011 : 17:54:57
I go by Blackecho's guide of 10/15% of bodyweight per feed. Shahi's 549g and now eats an XL weaner weighing 80g approx every week. He's eager for it too - gets straight up on to his climbing branch and snatch!

Know what you mean about their heads and necks though - they look so delicate - but they can't half expand - a bit like the pelican - his beak can hold more than his belican ...
Lotabob Posted - 02/05/2011 : 17:23:40
You'd be surprised, Duke is half the size and is easily taking large weaner rats just about to move up to something bigger for his next meal and his head is titchy. I get what you mean though, with corns you have a guide, 1.5 times the thickness of the body but with royals thats not the case and if it was where would you find a moose in this country the fat things they are.
Lancelot Posted - 02/05/2011 : 16:58:48
She eats rat weaners, mice, multimalmates :) her head is still a little small for anything bigger.
n/a Posted - 02/05/2011 : 11:24:23
She's gorgeous - love that shot of her coming in from the garden. You can just see her thinking - 'Is tea ready yet??'
BlueDragon Posted - 02/05/2011 : 11:11:32
She is a big girl 0_0

Very pretty too : )

Does she eat adult rats or does she need something bigger?
sandi Posted - 02/05/2011 : 08:40:26
She is fabulous, good to see her progress.
Lotabob Posted - 01/05/2011 : 22:39:54
Wow she's a biggun.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000