The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 lighting?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Dio Posted - 08/05/2011 : 12:07:57
Dio's light bulb went today so i'm going to have to pop to pets at home to get a new one but i'm not sure which is the best to get. The other one came with the viv and only lasted a couple of months. I can't remember which one it was either.

Which are the best ones that aren't going to cost me loads but last for a while?
14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Dio Posted - 08/05/2011 : 18:19:52
Nope they didn't have any. Looking at the old bulb it's just a bog standard 40w bulb so should be easy to get tomorrow.
Dio Posted - 08/05/2011 : 14:05:06
It is a bayonet. I'll go anyway as it's on the way to the OH's and i need to get more food for Dio and a couple of bits for the rat anyway.
Lotabob Posted - 08/05/2011 : 13:23:51
Just make sure you get the right fitting. Some screw in, others are on a bayonet. (If you have a bayonet, save your journey, pro reps screw in).
Dio Posted - 08/05/2011 : 13:20:34
Any bulb they do it is then. May as well get my mice/rats while i'm there too saves me a 2nd journey.
n/a Posted - 08/05/2011 : 13:05:43
quote:
Originally posted by Lotabob

Yeah a bulb is a bulb you just dont get to choose the brand. They probably only make the box anyway and the bulbs will be all the same made by a bulb manufacturer.

You know, there's an element of truth in that ...
Lotabob Posted - 08/05/2011 : 12:56:17
Yeah a bulb is a bulb you just dont get to choose the brand. They probably only make the box anyway and the bulbs will be all the same made by a bulb manufacturer.
n/a Posted - 08/05/2011 : 12:43:58
I think Bob meant you're limited to just the one brand at PAH - I reckon Pro Rep's ok - a bulb is a bulb, after all.
Dio Posted - 08/05/2011 : 12:34:18
quote:
Originally posted by Lotabob

I think Pets at Home only do the Pro rep stuff though.

Is pro rep not a good make then?

We've got a heat matt keeping the viv warm for now but i know it's not ideal for royals so need a bulb asap. I don't really know of any reptile shops in Southampton. There's the shop we got Dio from but thats a bit too far to go and they sold us the last bulb.
Dio Posted - 08/05/2011 : 12:25:53
I think i'll definately be getting a spare one this time. The last one wasn't an IR bulb but i had been thinking about getting one when i'd finally got around to asking th OH what he thinks. I'll get a high wattage one for now and see about getting a IR one online if the OH approves.
Lotabob Posted - 08/05/2011 : 12:22:22
I think Pets at Home only do the Pro rep stuff though.
Lotabob Posted - 08/05/2011 : 12:18:36
I order all my bulbs off this guy http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Komodo-Spot-Bulb-Red-Infrared-Bulb-/170636483352?pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Reptiles_Spiders_Insects&var=&hash=item6d6fd2a49f

He is very good, well packed and cheaper than anywhere else I've seen them. I've ordered a few times, they've always been with me in a day or two.
Dio Posted - 08/05/2011 : 12:18:28
The light bulb that heats up the viv. Sorry should have said that.
n/a Posted - 08/05/2011 : 12:17:17
Hi, any brand of IR bulb should be fine - possibly you'd get more choice and bargains online, but this is an emergency, obviously (I'm assuming it's IR you're after.)

One good thing though is to buy a bulb of higher wattage rather than lower, the stat will prevent it from overheating the viv of course but if there's a cold spell, the extra power is there to call on. And get a spare - that first bulb shouldn't have blown after 2 months, but they're capable of it, drat them.

Hope this helps.
blackskull Posted - 08/05/2011 : 12:16:25
when u say light do u just mean a viewing light? if so i just use the energy saving bulbs that you use in your house

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000