The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 not again

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
gary Posted - 09/05/2011 : 21:08:27
hi all just a small Q my royal as been on fasst 6mouths now BUT he has been taking fuzzies for 2 weeks and now he want take anything now i have also give him some mince but no joy. what is next can u guys put me on the right road as there say
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 11/05/2011 : 18:15:35
No probs - all the best - know how you feel - one of my girls seems to be feeding again; the other ... no.

They'll all get there eventually.
gary Posted - 11/05/2011 : 16:26:57
cheers bats hodgie ill keep trying i love them to bits you know what i mean lol i will try them on rats again thanks again
hodgie Posted - 09/05/2011 : 22:15:17
quote:
Originally posted by gary

hi yes he was feeding on rats till dec then he went on a fasst he then stoped eating until middle of april then i got told to try him on mince to get him eating again but with no joy so i tryed him with a fuzzy and he tuc it no probs and now he has stoped again he his 600gms but he has not lost any weight all that time so thats good ive tryed him on rats again but he want take them and its costing a lot of money when iam just throwing them away

If he hasn`t lost any wieght you really have nothing to worry about. As for throwing rats away, this happens sometimes, you say its costing you a fortune but it would still cost you the same if he ate them. I understand your frustration but some of them just dont have big appetites, my male Pastel eats on average every 3 weeks, so i offer every 3 weeks and have little to no waste. Maybe you need to try every 2 weeks if he`s hungry he`ll eat.
I dont know how you feed but i always leave my rats to thaw out near the viv/rub ventilation holes and then give it a good blast with a hair dryer to get their little taste buds going.
n/a Posted - 09/05/2011 : 21:42:41
Hi, they do this. You think, she's eating again! The following week ...no.

Saada and Surahi have both dithered around like this. The only way to look at it is - well, at least they've eaten SOMETHING ...

It's really frustrating, but that's royals for you eh?

Keep trying him every fortnight and eventually he'll get round to regular feeding.

As for mince, I believe snakes used to be fed on raw meat, but it won't have the same nutrients as the whole rodent, and mince is pretty poor meat anyway - I wouldn't bother him with it, as it won't even smell like a rodent, which is what he's used to.

I do know how you feel - sitting here wondering if my girls have obliged - good luck to us both!
gary Posted - 09/05/2011 : 21:36:24
hi yes he was feeding on rats till dec then he went on a fasst he then stoped eating until middle of april then i got told to try him on mince to get him eating again but with no joy so i tryed him with a fuzzy and he tuc it no probs and now he has stoped again he his 600gms but he has not lost any weight all that time so thats good ive tryed him on rats again but he want take them and its costing a lot of money when iam just throwing them away
MrsA82 Posted - 09/05/2011 : 21:10:53
Could try dipping the Rodents head in hot water to see if he will take it

What's the weight of the royal

Never heard of tryi g to feed royals mince
Can I ask why you tried to ?

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000