The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 moss??

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
infatuateddrummer Posted - 11/05/2011 : 19:05:16
hey just a quickie do u guys/gals keep moss in your vivs all the time or just when ya notice a shed occuring!! i did it last time damien shed n was fine but got told it should be in there all time? thanks
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Welly Posted - 13/05/2011 : 12:58:23
I leave mine in all the time, never smells at all. I only use sphagnum moss though
GMac Posted - 13/05/2011 : 12:08:47
quote:
Originally posted by BurnedAtTheStake

Cor - what sort of moss do you use then GMac eh??

Just sphagnum moss Bats.

Have also got it in my egg boxes in the incubator and still not getting any nasty odour from it nor mould and has been in there for 60 days
Strawb Posted - 13/05/2011 : 07:09:55
I use moss for my insectivorous plants, but the wet flannel method for Tia when she's blue.
STICKS Posted - 12/05/2011 : 19:19:27
Hi there i put a moist box or a damp clean bandana if the humid is low if i put a box in it's an old ice cream box with the hole in the top i put a little drop of water and then some kitchen tissue i have had some succses with it so i just do that now.I do change and clean it dayley unless there in it all the best. D.
n/a Posted - 11/05/2011 : 22:18:17
Cor - what sort of moss do you use then GMac eh??
GMac Posted - 11/05/2011 : 22:16:16
isnt needed all the time, I add moss when they have cleared from blue and have never had odour or mess issues with it.
Lotabob Posted - 11/05/2011 : 19:15:29
I dont use it at all, it smells and is messy. If humidity needs raising a damp face cloth does the job and can be stuck in the wash to keep it clean. My lot shed just fine (apart from my corn snake last time, that was my fault though, I didn't raise the humidity and it was very dry air, oops!) but if they were to have troubles I'd consider moss hides becasue they can get right in there, surrounded by it.
n/a Posted - 11/05/2011 : 19:07:32
Hi, I used moss at first and the damn stuff went all smelly. Now I just put the water bowl at the hot end when the snake clears from blue, but other people have different routines.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000