The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 Ate Substrate! :(

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Tobila Posted - 12/05/2011 : 17:52:40
Fed ma lil guy on Sunday and a bit of Orchid Bark got stuck in his mouth and he eventually swallowed it, usually hes an active lil fella always out exploring but hes been in his hide ever since, is it because hes digesting? and is he gunna be alright im worried? (the piece of wood was a small square chip of orchid bark)
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
fiestastlou Posted - 17/05/2011 : 16:31:37
lol iv had my royal strike at the paper towel contrict it and try to eat it!! it took abbout 20 mins for him to spit it out lol
karl Posted - 17/05/2011 : 15:18:06
quote:
Originally posted by fiestastlou

Might be worth putting paper towel down next time u feel tho so they feed on that, stops them getting bark/aspen stuck anywhere :)

unless you get lucky like me and they snag the cloth with their teeth (yes, did happen, with a 7ft Carpet python too)
Tobila Posted - 16/05/2011 : 21:05:39
oh yeah good idea...but he ate again anyways :D
fiestastlou Posted - 16/05/2011 : 14:01:19
dont worry to much atm, happens to the best of us lol
Might be worth putting paper towel down next time u feel tho so they feed on that, stops them getting bark/aspen stuck anywhere :)
prozacbear Posted - 12/05/2011 : 21:04:11
I wouldn't worry unless he gets poorly. Eating the occasional bit of undergrowth is an occupational hazard for terrestrial borrowing reptiles without hands. Their digestive systems can usually cope.
Lotabob Posted - 12/05/2011 : 19:28:54
Duke actually scooped up a mouthful after eating during a yawn and he was totally fine. It does happen and in the wild it would almost be unavoidable, unless it was a seriously big piece it will pass straight through, their insides are nice and straight so will be fine. If it was a big piece again it will probably pass through but should your snake become impacted then cross that bridge if you ever come to it.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000