The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 rub a dub

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Laws Posted - 16/05/2011 : 13:22:28
I've got a rub I'm thinking of puttin zac into as its more like the size he was used to in the shop wen he fed . I have a spare heat mat but I was just wondering am I ok to use a dimming stat to control the mat ? As I don't have a spare mat stat . The guy I had zac from said he shouldn't think it wud be a problem as he has done it with a few of his . I have two digi thermometers so I can monitor temps and the mat will the outside the rub any way ? What u guys think ? X
13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
MrsA82 Posted - 16/05/2011 : 19:50:42
Yea paypal would be fine :)
Laws Posted - 16/05/2011 : 19:44:37
Ok I will speak to the missus wen she's home , and how do u do the payment ? Paypal ? X
MrsA82 Posted - 16/05/2011 : 18:03:21
One here I'll do for £16 delivered

http://www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5896
Laws Posted - 16/05/2011 : 17:58:25
Aaah I saw them more expensive after postage , moneys just abit tight atm , I will have a browse
reptiledanny Posted - 16/05/2011 : 17:55:25
a plain mat stat is only 15 quid off ebay for a microclimate one, or 20 quid for a habistat one
Laws Posted - 16/05/2011 : 17:34:13
Its not gonna work I can tell already . Just want to get him feeding :( thanks x
MrsA82 Posted - 16/05/2011 : 17:24:46
Good luck ;)
Laws Posted - 16/05/2011 : 17:17:40
Boo , I will have a look and maybe try it tomorro to see if it works , I just haven't got the spare cash atm to get a mat stat , but I just wanna get zac eating , and this rub will be perfect I think as its nearer the size of enclosure we got him from see :( :(
MrsA82 Posted - 16/05/2011 : 17:05:43
Seems to be 40 watt minimum

" Sophisticated Dimming thermostat, designed specifically for controlling light bulbs. The Dimming thermostat is one of the most accurate methods of temperature control and whilst it is perfect for controlling light bulbs, it can be used on almost any heaters. Unlike other Habistat thermostats, it does require a minimum load of 40 watts, but has a maximum capacity of 600 watts at 230 volts.

This is the only thermostat we recommend for use with incandescent light bulbs. It uses the latest technology and operates in a manner similar to the Pulse proportional thermostat. Instead of pulses of power being supplied to the heater, it is supplied with a continuous variable supply of power or voltage. In principle this has a similar effect to light dimmers or rheostats in your home.

If the Dimming thermostat is being used to control a primary basking spot, then the size of the heater needs to be engineered to the temperature required and the size of the enclosure. In other words, if the heater is too large then it will be running at a very low level. Clearly, not what is required of a basking light. If the wattage of the light bulb is reduced, then the intensity of the heat locally will be greater, or proportional. "
MrsA82 Posted - 16/05/2011 : 17:03:40
The minimum watts that will work is 60 watts To a max of 600 watts

So I'm almost sure your dimming stat will not work with the heat mat
Sorry :(

Leave him now till you feed then move after the 2 days after he eat
Of straight after he refuses to eat

Laws Posted - 16/05/2011 : 16:37:36
This is what I thought , it may help him to eat , gonna try feeding him as normal in the viv and then move him into the rub . Or shall we move him into the rub then feed him tomorro or later tonite when we have moved him ? What does that mean then with the max 60 watts ? Its a habistat dimmer stat . The heat mats not a massive one , big enough for a faun or smaller rub ? X
MrsA82 Posted - 16/05/2011 : 16:21:30
Will be a plus if you can move him to a smaller rub

If it's a habists dimming stat the min load is 60 watts
Kelfezond Posted - 16/05/2011 : 14:35:15
sounds fine to me mate

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000