The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 Digital Thermometer and Hygrometer

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
WendyBall Posted - 19/05/2011 : 22:01:57

I was just wondering what everyone thought of the Exo Terra Digital Thermometer and Hygrometer and Exo Terra Digital Thermometer ??
I seem to be not having much luck with them, I have 6 and they all seem to read at different temps/humidity levels, even when together - just wondering if this is my bad luck, or if this is a common problem? If so what does everyone else suggest using! I have all my heat mats connected to Habistats, so I know that my snakes are in no danger of been over/under heated, but like to keep an eye on the tank gradients too.
Thank you
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
markmifsud Posted - 20/05/2011 : 00:09:25
Yes, I agree that they are not too far out, I also have a laser temp gauge to verify the temps, the gauges do read a bit less but they are situated 8 inches from the base and set further towards the center to ensure they are measuring the air temp and not the direct radiated heat from the emitter.
Lotabob Posted - 19/05/2011 : 22:25:18
They will all read slightly differently. Not a million miles out from each other though. I noticed this straight away, bought them switched them on, sittin in the room and .3 of a degree out from each other. Its amazing how cheap and flimsy they are though, dont be rough with them or they die, I am planning on getting more expensive ones when my vivstack is done, they are just too flimsy to tacky for my liking. (They do the job though).
MrsA82 Posted - 19/05/2011 : 22:22:56
I find that the bedding plays apart on the temp side say if it's covering abit of the probe when the snakes moves it over it
It will read higher

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000