The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 my boy has eaten!!!!!!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Laws Posted - 25/05/2011 : 00:39:00

woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo *and breathe*

as u kno zac hasnt eaten for 2 months , we thought we had tried everything , until i picked up a magical rub!
the past few days his nose has been peeking out the front of his hide and ive been itching to feed him , so we got a small mouse out and as soon as i got home , we warmed it up and dangled it by the entrance to his hide . we did the usual wiggling expecting nothing to happen . boy were we wrong , he came out had a sniff and moved to the side , the next thing we knew the most powerful strike and coil ! me and the missus alsmost jumped thru the ceiling ! he then dragged in into his hide and we managed to watch it slowly vanish . abit worried about the substrate as he wrestled with it in there , but its quite large bark and we didnt see any stuck . he reappeared a few secs later as tho to say thanks!

so so chuffed rite now ! hopefully the next few will go well and we can actually have him out and i can meet him properly!
wooop wooop!

20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
dpennington Posted - 12/07/2011 : 23:46:10
OHHHH!!! I can't wait for mine to feed!!! She's gone 4 weeks on thursday! i hope she feeds on friday. Well done. I'm jealous!
Lucy1012 Posted - 05/06/2011 : 09:20:43
there you go, something to be said for keeping Royal's in Rub'z.... so glad your little fella ate...
stotty01 Posted - 25/05/2011 : 20:13:31
woo congrats!!! gonna try my one tonight so fingers crossed :D
Laws Posted - 25/05/2011 : 17:47:18
Yay ! Congrats to everyone who's kids ate ! I feel over the moon , keep having to check the pics to make sure I wasn't imagining it ! Like u bats I'm hoping there is no regurge or problems! Hope he takes the next three so I can meet him properly now !
n/a Posted - 25/05/2011 : 17:21:06
Let's hope so, bless her. You know, lovesick corns are really more troublesome than the royals - at least the royals keep themselves to themselves. Corns put on the agony!
Robert Posted - 25/05/2011 : 16:41:34
My corn is all over the place moving her aspen substrate about pooing in her water bowl on the days when she hasn't pushed aspen into it !! and generally making a mess of her domain although I have to say she is getting a little bit quieter so hopefully she will be back to her more normal self again soon :)
n/a Posted - 25/05/2011 : 16:20:32
Thanks Robert. Yes, I'm delighted - just hope and pray no regurge. Yeah, my 4 adult corns have been on hunger strike and loking for husbands - they're shocking, they really are. Shameless! The only way I can pacify Saffy is to wear her round my neck like a scarf - good thing she's not a cat or she'd be howling non-stop.

Two years ... My Saada's fed twice in six months and I keep feeling guilty about her, though I know it's normal, bless her.
Robert Posted - 25/05/2011 : 15:02:29
oops just re-read your last and found she has :) great news :)
Dio Posted - 25/05/2011 : 15:01:48
Thats great news. Well done Zac. Let's hope he keeps eating now.
Robert Posted - 25/05/2011 : 15:01:13
Hi Bats, the record apparently for non eating royal is just over 2 years !! so I guess just over nine months isn't too bad - lol she lost about 200g in total but she was otherwise fit and healthy. Now the days are longer I'm sure they'll eat more. As to corns, mine was eating fine until April and then stopped, her breeding season she did this last year and then fed like a Gannet, but she's about 7 years old and over 6 ft long so she can afford to fast, hope Shiloh feeds soon for you. If only they knew the stress they cause us lol
n/a Posted - 25/05/2011 : 13:05:54
quote:
Originally posted by Robert

Great news :) my CB09 normal female stopped eating on 15th August 2010 and had her first meal last night after nine and a half months !!! and my Spider Royal who stopped eating in December had two rats last night too so a good result and great to see them back to eating again :)

My God, Robert - I didn't realise they could go as long as that! Congrats to you too!

And also to my little Shiloh, my corn hatchling who hasn't eaten since April 20 (been worried sick as she's such a tiny little thing.) But she's had a meal today - must be something in the stars - good luck to everyone else with feeding reluctant snakes eh?
reptiledanny Posted - 25/05/2011 : 12:48:12
congrats on the feeding, is really nice when they finally start eating for you (wish my boa would realize this)
Robert Posted - 25/05/2011 : 12:03:11
Great news :) my CB09 normal female stopped eating on 15th August 2010 and had her first meal last night after nine and a half months !!! and my Spider Royal who stopped eating in December had two rats last night too so a good result and great to see them back to eating again :)
n/a Posted - 25/05/2011 : 11:13:32
CONGRATS!! And double congratssss!!

Laws, that is brilliant! Have been thinking about you and Zac and wondering if he'd take. And in such a spectacular way too! It's such a marvellous feeling, seeing that bulge go down into that empty little belly!

I hope it's a good omen for Shiloh (explained about her in my message) - I'm due to feed her today - wish me luck.

Congrats again!!
stumpy Posted - 25/05/2011 : 11:04:30
Well Done to you all, hope all goes to plan for the next feed
Laws Posted - 25/05/2011 : 08:55:10
thanks guys :) im still in shock hheehee x
Tawfik47 Posted - 25/05/2011 : 08:22:26
Woohoo, so happy for u and for zac
scubadude Posted - 25/05/2011 : 08:04:37
Great news laws, and well done Zac.
Laws Posted - 25/05/2011 : 01:58:09
That's the plan , that rub may be abit too small for him , but as soon as he has had a few more feeds we will get a bigger one for sure . He totally trashes it over nite , I just went down for a drink and he was totally stretched out . So so pleased !
Lotabob Posted - 25/05/2011 : 01:18:22
I'm sure you were. I'm really pleased for you. Its about time you had some good luck with him. You watch now, he'll go back on the food and soon be pushing on the sides for a bigger RUB

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000