The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 Ceramic Heaters

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Margwar Posted - 02/06/2011 : 16:36:48
Okay, so we're finally upgrading to ceramic heaters. Is a 150watt okay for a 4x1x1.5?(I think)
And would the same wattage be okay for a 3x2x2 (Again, I think)
And finally, cheapest place to get them? I'm thinking Surrey Pet supplies, but if anyone knows anywhere cheaper, let me know, please!
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
scubadude Posted - 04/06/2011 : 15:36:04
sorry Dan I know you're a surrey pets junkie
cheaper than surrey pets http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280675456563&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT
£9.45 shipped,and mine arrived 2 days after ordering.
sandi Posted - 04/06/2011 : 12:37:57
The higher the wattage, the more efficient it will be. I have a 250w in a nearly 5 foot viv and its off more than its on! It also takes less time to reach temperature so no cold drops.

I found mine on ebay for half the price of the online shops.

Dont forget you will need a ceramic holder and heat resistant cable. There is a risk of them burning the wood of the vivarium if screwed to the ceiling directly so i prefer the type which hang from a hook.
Margwar Posted - 02/06/2011 : 21:00:19
quote:
Originally posted by blackskull

i had a 150 in my 4x2x2 but it didn't get up to temp in the winter, no centrel heating so our house is cold in the winter

Hrmm, that might be worth remembering, we don't have central heating either, but we do have a an electric heater in the snakes room.
blackskull Posted - 02/06/2011 : 18:46:50
i had a 150 in my 4x2x2 but it didn't get up to temp in the winter, no centrel heating so our house is cold in the winter
reptiledanny Posted - 02/06/2011 : 16:41:43
i have a 100 watt in my 3ft (3'x18"x18") and it heats perfect, and i dont have to have it up that high, and would say a 150 watt would be perfect to use in the 4ft, so i would buy a 100 watt and a 150 watt, and yes surrey pet supplies is the cheapest place to get them

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000