The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 Thar he blows

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Lotabob Posted - 05/06/2011 : 04:01:22
I was sat watching TV and heard this almighty rumbling coming from Duke's vivarium, I thought he was destroying the place so thought nothing of it (he is covered on a night) then it happened again with some other hissing noises, went to investigate and noticed Duke out of his hide looking like a deflated balloon, checked under his hide and discovered a fresh pile of muck. I checked my records and he last went the end of March so its just over 2 months worth.

As usual I weighed him and empty he has tipped the scales at 730 grams. Anyway I cleaned him out (yes at this time of night) and put the deflated Duke back to recover.
12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 07/06/2011 : 19:25:49
Yeah, I'm increasing intervals between feeds as my lot move up on to bigger prey, corns and Ziska too. Shahi's on feeding every ten days now; I've been giving him XL weaners but he has taken a small rat refused by Surahi ...he hung upside down and turned into a sort of snakey tube ...his neck was as wide as his belly!

Nice weight, Duke - especially empty!
Lotabob Posted - 07/06/2011 : 18:17:27
Duke is 11 months tomorrow. A pure rat fed monster of a snake. you should see him eating these adult rats. I'm still deciding on whether to leave him on every 7 days or carry on with the every 10 days (I have been feeding every 10 days since the move up, don't want him been over fed so will watch his weight and see what happens) maybe as he grows I will reduce the gap before each step up in rat size. So yeah 11 months, 730 grams. I cant believe when I got him in January he was 472 grams.
n/a Posted - 07/06/2011 : 17:08:20
How old is Duke? I think he's quite a bit younger than my Shahi, who was born April/May '10?

I tried to weigh Shahi just after he last nuked his viv but the scales went wonky on me, so I didn't get round to it till today ...840g with just one meal inside him since the stinkbomb. I'm very proud of him, but I have a feeling Duke is still ahead of the field?

Still laughing about the viv-shattering episode ... you wouldn't think they were capable. Mind you, I remember a time when a 2' corn let fly - and I thought a pipe had burst!
jhk2005 Posted - 07/06/2011 : 13:53:50
mine vary tbh, my little ones go about once every 10-14 days on average but they pretty individual in the toilet area too... my bumblebee will poop and then spread it everywhere he can (blech!) whereas my mojave tends to go about once a month and (from the size of it) must make her eyes water ; i mean its huge?! If i passed something that big there'd be teethmarks in the wall from the strain, lol!

At least on a lighter note I know when they're really empty and the best time to weight them, haha :D
Tawfik47 Posted - 07/06/2011 : 08:19:15
LOL, funny story
Blitz didn't eat yet so there's no noise comming from his viv :(
This week i'll try chicks, hope he will success with this prey.
Lotabob Posted - 06/06/2011 : 22:30:59
Yep he is on small adult rats. One every 10 days.
MrsA82 Posted - 06/06/2011 : 21:40:18
my god thats a very nice weight

my cb 10 pastel girl is 608g now and i thought she was a big girl for her age

so he must be past large weaner rats now then :)
Lotabob Posted - 06/06/2011 : 12:52:25
Its normal Duke last went in March, I think he takes 2 months to fill him. I've had him 6 months and thats only his 2nd proper poop.
Rox1e6 Posted - 06/06/2011 : 12:28:55
How often do they poo? We've had our little spider a month now and she's eaten 3 consecutive weeks but still nothing! Should we be worried or is this normal?
n/a Posted - 05/06/2011 : 14:14:01
Congrats Duke! (He must be one relieved guy today!)

I bet the fall-out was pretty impressive too!
Lotabob Posted - 05/06/2011 : 13:51:44
It was enormous, and I just cant believe the noises that came out of that vivarium, it actually shook.
Cre Posted - 05/06/2011 : 08:29:25
Ha ha ha, we are waiting for the day ours goes. Have had him just over 2 weeks and nothing yet lol.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000