The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 Blitz poo !!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Tawfik47 Posted - 14/06/2011 : 10:50:49
So Blitz still surprising me but yet no eating!
Few days ago i was cleaning Blitz viv and i found a poo in his hide,i noticed he changed his favorite hide (hot one) a day before the cleaning day that means he prefer to be in a cool hide than being in a dirty one
i want to ask 2 questions plz:
1- since he poo, that means his last meal wasn't so long ago, right or wrong ?
2- his poo consist of 6 balls (hard green balls), is this normal or there's something wrong ?!
I take couple pics of the poo, but i didn't post them because i'm afraid some ppl don't want to see it
but i u want i can post them for u.
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Tawfik47 Posted - 03/07/2011 : 12:33:10
That would be great Bob LOL ... that list for sure will help.
do i have to try with a live prey or pre-killed one ?
I think Blitz is afraid of the live (moving) prey , so i think i'll try with pre-killed one .
Lotabob Posted - 03/07/2011 : 02:59:27
I hope this helps and he takes a feed, these pesky Royals are so fussy and know what they like, shame they cant just write a list of demands its would make this a much easier process for you. Good luck and come on Blitz, we are all willing you to eat.
Tawfik47 Posted - 02/07/2011 : 16:56:50
i've divided the viv in a half week ago, and that night Blitz spent his time exploring the new changes to his viv, and the get back to his hide the next day, i'll try to feed him the next week.
If it didn't work i'll have to ask for tip to assist feeding and how to do it.
Tawfik47 Posted - 26/06/2011 : 09:36:23
Lucy, good ideas, i think i'll try them, but first as Bob said, i have to rearrange Blitz viv to a more siutable one and make it comfort.
You are more than welcome Bob whenever you want.
normally the temp here in summer is 33-37 C , but it reaches the 40 in some days.
Lotabob Posted - 25/06/2011 : 23:51:29
40oC wow, do you need a lodger, I'm so tired of the rubbish weather here, lol.

Lucy1012 Posted - 25/06/2011 : 20:49:03
you could try smaller prey, a few pink baby hamsters and make a nest, cut a hole in a plastic butter tub, fill with dirty hamster bedding and place the babies in there over night, so Blitz 'stumbles' on a nest...

Scenting with tinned tuna or sardines, scented with chicken thighs, erm if you can kill the hamster i have heard of placing the snake in a pillow case with the DEAD rodent and tie a knot in the top and leave over night..

I will keep thinking...
Tawfik47 Posted - 25/06/2011 : 19:25:59
I think i can get almost everything here except the bulb gaurd, so i'm trying to find another source of heat.
Although i will not need any heat source in this summer because temp. reaches 40 C here in summer, but i'm defenetly will need heat source when winter will come.
Lotabob Posted - 25/06/2011 : 19:07:06
I've just been pondering getting a UK stat and sending it over but the habistat runs at 230 volts at 50mhz and Syrian electric current is 220volts at 50mhz. Now I'm not an electrician and have no idea if that makes it incompatible. Maybe someone with an ounce of electrical knowledge will be along to shed some light on it.
n/a Posted - 25/06/2011 : 18:59:23
Amendment - it's Parcelforce that Swellreptiles uses. Shame there's not an easier or cheaper way.
n/a Posted - 25/06/2011 : 18:56:35
It's probably company policy - they have to insure the goods to cover themselves against any loss or damage in transit?

Pity, though.
Lotabob Posted - 25/06/2011 : 18:40:54
£280 That is immense. The closest I could get to that price with Parcelforce was if it was 20kg and insured to £1000 (cost £275.90)

I weighed my spare 18L RUB out of interest to check how much it would cost to post and using airmail small packet with a heat mat and stat inside its just under 2kg and costs £23.13, that would be covered to £46 which would cover the cost of the contents so I fear that extorsionate price quote is a long way around them saying we don't want to post to Syria.
n/a Posted - 25/06/2011 : 13:21:46
Hi, Tawfik, I emailed Blue Lizard, and got no reply, but got through by phone today and they say they can ship to Syria, but would have to work out a delivery quote once they knew what you wanted. So I fear it may prove as expensive as Swellreptiles ...

However, if you made a list of what you wanted and emailed them to see what the quote was, there would be nothing to stop you deciding against the order, if delivery was too expensive - or you could check with Bob to see what he thought of their delivery charges and whether, being a postmaster, he knows of a cheaper way.

All the best.
Tawfik47 Posted - 25/06/2011 : 12:53:19
Bob, that would be very useful, to tell you the truth, when i first saw a pet shop who have a royal python i little bit bought my set up really fast because i was afraid he will sell them before i finish my set up and start again with my journey to find another pet shop who could be selling royals and believe me this coul take maybe couple years here in Syria where royals are not common pets.
so every thing was quik and not accurate, and now after my marriage i'm lack of time to rearrange Blitz viv and i really need a help.
BATS, that is expensive :( i'll try my best this time to build a better set up.
i need the size of wood viv which would be suitable for Blitz to start with it, and while the i'll buy the equipment, so please would u tell me what is the perfect size for a 90cm royal ?
n/a Posted - 23/06/2011 : 14:35:58
Hi again - haven't been able to get through to Blue Lizard, but will keep on trying.

Surrey Pet Supplies don't ship outside of the UK.

Swellreptiles do, but they have a contract with Parcelforce, and a 5 kilo box 50cm x 50cm, from the UK to Syria, would cost £280 in shipping charges ...

I fear the same will be true of Blue Lizard if they too ship out of the UK.

Lotabob Posted - 23/06/2011 : 13:20:35
I'm doing a vivarium build and Sandi has been brilliant, I'll get my shopping list and put it up when i'm home from work.
Tawfik47 Posted - 23/06/2011 : 08:21:56
That is a very big help from you both i'm sure me and Blitz will really appreciate it.
I'll try to divide the viv, and if i didn't manage to do that i'm planing to make a new wood viv with a new size (if u can help me with this, to make a suitable viv to a 100 cm tall snake) then u can help me with the appropriate equipmant (like bulb guard, IR bulb, hides ..etc)
Lotabob Posted - 22/06/2011 : 22:57:27
I weighed my spare RUB and have it on standby too just in case. lol.
n/a Posted - 22/06/2011 : 22:56:19
Hi, I could ring Surrey Pet Supplies/Swellreptiles/Blue Lizard (3 shops I've dealt with) tomorrow and ask if they would deliver to Syria - assume their websites are accessible from your end, Tawfik?

(I will ring anyway and see what I can find out.)
Lotabob Posted - 22/06/2011 : 22:43:55
Thats OK, I will speak to a shop I use and ask them about posting it to Syria, will give you a reccomendation or whatever. Are you handy with a saw? You could knock up a divide to split the viv in half so he ends up with a much smaller living area as that seems to be what Royals like.
Tawfik47 Posted - 22/06/2011 : 22:12:38
I have red bulb with thermostat, two humidity/temperature gauge, one in each side (hot 45%-33 / cool 55%-28 ), two cartoon hides, plastic water bowl.
The glass viv is 80cm x 60cm x 40cm (tall,wide,high) with three holes for air flow and with wood lid.
I would like to buy the appropriate equipment for Blitz, and the post costs in no the big deal, i can affort it, but the problem is i know couple of site who deliever to Syria but they don't sell snake equipmant, so please if u can help me with this i'll appreciate it.
I'll take some photos of the equipmant i have tomorrow morning and will post them here.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000