The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 Weight gain question

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
LucyB Posted - 30/06/2011 : 14:12:05
When I first brought my cb10 home a few weeks ago she weighed only 90g. After her first feed so pooped (all down my leg - thanks!) so I weighed her empty and she weighed in at 118g.

This was after a week of being with me. Can I expect her weight gain to be this rapid? Or is it possible that she was dehydrated or something after being transported? The same scales were used on both occasions.
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 30/06/2011 : 23:30:41
Ah. Shahi proudly gave birth to his best effort yet the other day ...

A large chocolate log, decorated with a whole pot of creme fraiche, served on a bed of wet aspen.

After the shovelling out ceremony, I weighed him. (I'd previously weighed him 18 days ago with one meal inside him.)

The same weight?? Exactly the same.

How do they do it eh?
Lotabob Posted - 30/06/2011 : 23:21:15
what does the food weigh? I feed Duke approx 90 Grams of Rat every 10 days so his weight jumps up the food weight amount. When they properly poop its like a great dane has pooped in the viv. So its likely its mainly the food causing the increase and really to get an accurate weight your best waiting until the monster dump and weighing empty.
Evolution Morphs Posted - 30/06/2011 : 14:16:07
Yes she will gain weight quickly and when the rats get bigger she will pile on the weight

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000