The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 full size viv...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
acd1984 Posted - 03/07/2011 : 06:30:24
how old should a royal be (roughly) before moving on to a 36" (3ft) viv?
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 03/07/2011 : 23:56:19
quote:
Originally posted by prozacbear

quote:
Originally posted by heaton177

pack it out with as much as you can fit in with some decent plastic pants

LOL! That would be ideal for corn snakes!
prozacbear Posted - 03/07/2011 : 21:37:56
quote:
Originally posted by heaton177

pack it out with as much as you can fit in with some decent plastic pants

heaton177 Posted - 03/07/2011 : 21:33:53
i had a 4ft viv at 1st and put a devider in so it was 2 ft and i had that from when i 1st got him and he had never missed a feed so i took the devider out at aroun600g. and i packet it out for him and hes fine init. as peaople have said it depends on the snake and how there feeding and stuff. but as echo told me pack it out with as much as you can fit in with some decent plastic pants cause he will feel secure then :)

some people choose to keep theres in rubs cauise of the space. but its soley how the snake reacts to it, and if you think he s/he is ready.

but listen to what other people have to say as im not as experienced as alot of them :)
acd1984 Posted - 03/07/2011 : 16:13:20
well as some of you know, mines only a baby. but i think he would enjoy a bigger space cause he is really curious.

When im handling, i sometimes show him his future home, and hes fighting to get in it (it was brand new so i dont think it would have any scent on it)

maybe il try him in a month or so and see if he likes it. hes a confident royal, never curled up in a ball, apart from when sleeping

btw hes about 12/13 weeks, 77grams and 18/19inches long
chay Posted - 03/07/2011 : 14:30:34
I first had mine in a rub, once he settled in and a good few feeds in him he would come out at nite and do laps of his rub, kind of like chasing his tail almost lol, so i then moved him into 3ft viv with infrared and he loves it and his food, touch wood never missed a meal
Margwar Posted - 03/07/2011 : 13:56:23
Our Male went straight into a 4 foot the day we got him at about 2-3 months old...
Tawfik47 Posted - 03/07/2011 : 12:57:22
it's amazing how Royals are really different that what makes me want to have more than one royal.
prozacbear Posted - 03/07/2011 : 11:54:38
I put my guy in a 4 foot viv when he was 8 months old and he loved it, in fact I think he wishes it was larger. But I think it depends on the snake.
reptiledanny Posted - 03/07/2011 : 09:32:11
its more on the royal. i put my male in his 3ft when he was 550 grams, and about 3ft in length, and he loved it, but i know if i put my female in who is nearing that weight, and is that size, she would not eat, so i am waiting for her to get bigger before she goes in her viv

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000